About to change

Wow, three services, £289 x3 + £200 for tyres = £1,067 leaves you £733 light!

I've never been a fan of service plans, uness they're heavily discounted i.e. as part of the purchase incentive, they rarely offer value for money otherwise.

The tyres I put on where £150 19in wheels. 

they also force you to use ATS and will only change less than 2 mm and no allowance for damage in the past all the other lease cos pro rata any damage and you pay the difference. 

wont be using a main stealer to service now either. 

Some main dealers still offer reduced servicing pricing for cars out of the three-year manufacturers warranty. I've found they can still be quite competitive compared to some independants.

The one advantage of the main dealers, that they'll no doubt begin to exploit, is the myriad of software updates needed these days on modern cars, to rid it from all those annoying gremlins. Hopefully by the three year mark they've all been sorted though.

I very much doubt that Skoda can hold any person who is no longer in lease to the terms they have stated. It is Skoda's responsibility to uplift the vehicle at the end of the lease. It is their problem if they can not do that. 

The leasee is under no obligation to do any of the things Skoda are asking them to do... unless of course they want to enter into a storage contract with the leasee and pay them accordingly.

This one included maintenance and tyres - that was before I read their tyre terms - Alphabet (who the last one came from) cover everything, VWFS cover worn tyres but only repairable punctures.  It has had 3 tyres replaced and I had to pay for one of those myself (shoulder puncture).

New one is  maintained (I expect to be beyond warranty in year 3 so cost of extended warranty and service plan is similar to additional lease cost) but not paying them for tyres.  GIves me the choice of what I fit and when.  Considering a set of steel wheels and winter tyres out of the monthly cost I would have paid VWFS.

One rear tyre on this one is still original after 65k miles, it has had three puncture repairs (lucky), ATS repaired one and couldn't be bothered to charge VWFS (too much hassle for £20!).

They have told me that I can't use it and it must be parked, won't be insured.  I have reminded them that it will be on a public road so it has to be insured.  I have no insurable interest in it after the lease so I can't insure it.

• 1 month later...

BCA collected the car last week, dealer staff may be at work this week, they will let me know when they hear about the new one.

Big surprise yesterday was that I specced up a new Octavia with the same trim, engine, gearbox and options and it is roughly the same list price as the Superb that is on order. . . . . . . 

4 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

BCA collected the car last week, dealer staff may be at work this week, they will let me know when they hear about the new one.

Big surprise yesterday was that I specced up a new Octavia with the same trim, engine, gearbox and options and it is roughly the same list price as the Superb that is on order. . . . . . . 

I was checking prices the other day - Skoda offering £4000 off a Superb on car already in stock. (£4250 on Kodiaq). Offers on other models improved but nowhere near that amount. For example, I don't know what spec your car is but going on your ID, you can now buy a 2.0 SE-L Tdi manual hatch ( list price £29645 ) from a broker for £21777.  In othe words the Superb can be had with more or less 25% off list. 

Where did you spec up Octavia? If it was the current mk3 on Skoda website then the huge discounts to the run out model haven't been applied. Don't know what broker discount is as the one I use no longer lists Octavia.  If it was for the mk4 then I'd guess there will be few discounts within the first few weeks on sale. It used to be first few months but I was amazed just how soon before sizable discounts were available on Kamiq when that was launched here in November.

• 2 weeks later...

News from the Dealer, car is scheduled for build week 25 so should be here late June or early July, not that I need it yet.

It was due for build week 15 so a 10 week delay.

Looking at reducing the mileage as long term I may only need to go into the office one day a week after lockdown is lifted.

The Octavia was the new model specced using the build configurator on Skoda UK website, I can't see there being discounts as they won't be cars in the system to discount.  

• 3 months later...

Progress.

Car is due for delivery this afternoon, 4 1/2 months late but I'm not complaining. 

My employer is opening offices from today but they don't want us in unless we need to be - the last six months has shown that we don't need to be.

21 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

Progress.

Car is due for delivery this afternoon, 4 1/2 months late but I'm not complaining. 

My employer is opening offices from today but they don't want us in unless we need to be - the last six months has shown that we don't need to be.

Excellent news! Enjoy it when you finally get your hands on it 😁

It is here,  just need a reason to go for a drive.  Am expected in the office tomorrow :sadsmile:, first time since 13th March.  Almost six months working from home.

I was expecting adaptive front lighting but it isn't mentioned in the manual and I don't think it has the whiskers.  Will look when it is dark.  RF holders for the keys arrived Friday

It is on Continentals so it might be quieter than the last one.