Screen wash leak problem found

blobbi

I have managed to identify the problem of my screen wash leak

The bottom tubing that comes out and is accessible if you take of the wheel arch skirting is the issue

The o ring is all chewed up

There is no clip

I am really annoyed as the front drivers side was repaired after my wife bumped into someone (her words not mine!) and not only have I found this but the actual whole housing to the front drivers light is also broken and has not been replaced. 

Anyway, moan over with, anyone know how I could source another clip and o ring (the later I assume is easier to find and I may have one lying around).

Was the accident damage fixed through an insurance approved bodyshop? How long ago was the repair carried out?

I'd be banging hard on their door asking why they didn't spot the broken headlight brackets. Could it be possible your wife has since had another "bump", or hit a suicidal pheasant in the meantime?

Chances are the current leak is connected to either the original accident damage or by the same ham-fisted technician that gave you your car back with unrepaired damage. O-rings don't chew themselves up when used in washer bottles.

Here is a Yeti washer bottle and associated components...

image.png.889481c4d5429fab94cb5c1209bda512.png

You can have a search through this website and see if you recognise the parts you need, or better still post up some pictures of the damaged parts...

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-parts/yeti/washer.html?strana=2&sort=&listtype=

• Thanks 1

Thanks.

I went back to the body shop (yes insurance one) but it’s been 6 months and they are not interested.

Your link was very helpful. I tried fixing this again today. It’s the lamp washer coupler which is where the leak is coming from. I replace the o-ring and clip but it still leaks, or though less so. 

The clip in the attached link/image is the other way up to how I was attaching it, although if you do a google search for it there are images with it both ways. Maybe that’s the issue. I will have another look tomorrow. 

Thanks again

CEADDE50-01A9-4B51-BD15-B2BB16365359.png

• Like 1