Hi from Sweden!

B284

Hello!

I`m sorry for my (swedish)english, but I do my best and hope you understand me.

My namn is Björn and I have been reading here for a few months whithout register.

What a wounderful forum!

I used to drive a Saab 9-3 estate with a really smooth engine, the V6 from Holden with turbo and 250 hp. I loved it, but its getting rather old (mine was from 2007) and took alot of petrol. As i commute about 26 000 km/year I wanted something more fuel efficient and newer. My fiance and I don`t have any kids yet, but sometimes maybe, so we need an estate that has some interior-space....

...so I ordered a brand new Octavia estate 1.5 TSI DSG with quite much equipment - cars are fun! :) Got it a week ago. What a car! I know that the new mk4 is coming soon, but I got a great deal when selling my old car to a Saab-nerd and could`t wait on the new mk4. But I`m VERY pleased with my Octavia so far!

2F3F6940-CD20-4824-9B95-9409B02CC125.thumb.jpeg.ce9cad9dccef872597636031930b70b5.jpeg

(Collecting it at the dealer - better than christmas) :D 

Hope to be a part of the Briskoda-forum and read very much in the beginning and contribute more and more. 

Best regards,

Björn

7 hours ago, Oldmansomerset said:

A warm welcome to the Forum Björn!  I liked SAAB from the little I experienced.  Wonder why they stopped manufacture but then all the British firms have also stopped production.

Thank you very much Oldmansomerset!

I agree, I was (still are...) a SAAB-nerd myself. I think that Saab had too few models to choose from, other brands lika Skoda, Audi and so on have a large range with different cars so you could always find something that suits you, but Saab only had the 9-3 and 9-5. At last the bankruptcy was a fact. Sad to see a piece of swedish history vanish (I´m raised in the old Saab 900 and 9000), but the market has to decide who will survive and who would not. Sad to hear that it´s the same for the British firms. 😞