1.0 TSI Throttle Body Issue

So after 18 months and 8.5k miles my Octavia has had its first issue. 

On heading home after a weekend away with the family, I was confronted with a Stop/Start error message followed by the EPC light and a loss of power. The car would still tick over but was very lumpy so a quick call to Skoda Assist and an hours wait for the AA followed. 

The AA bloke arrived and diagnosed the issue before even opening the bonnet, a common issue with this engine apparently is a failure within the throttle body he says, which after a quick scan with his diagnostics kit confirmed the only error code showing relating to the throttle

body. So a tow to my local stearlers for repair followed, that was Sunday afternoon and I'm still waiting to hear from them to confirm the problem and tell me when it will be fixed. 🙄

Is this an issue anybody else has come across either in an Octavia or another VAG car with the 1.0 TSI? 

At least Skoda Assist have arranged an hire car for me, even if it did take Enterprise all of Monday to source a VAG car to deliver to me.

• 2 weeks later...

My son looked at a 1.0 litre Rapid at an Arnold Clark general dealership in Yorkshire around October 2018.  This had the same problem.  He declined the car much to the salesman's disgust!  A few weeks later, he looked at an Octavia 1.0 litre at our local Skoda dealership.  This also had the same problem but he went ahead with the purchase as he was confident that the dealership would repair the car prior to collection.  The throttle body was replaced and he test drove the car prior to handing over his payment.  All has been fine since.  Seems this is a common fault with this engine.