Odd Happenings + wiper remedy

croquemonsieur

32 minutes ago, dwoakes said:

Why does it do this? I cannot understand under what circumstance you would want this to happen!

I find on a very hot day I can let the initial heat blast out of the car as I walk towards it. I can also use it to clear the dew off the side windows as I approach, down/up, enter. Sorted.

Edited by P6bJOHN
  • Like 2

Last summer, to stop the driverside blade from juddering, I rubbed the windscreen down with '00' wire wool to remove any wax or grease residue from manufacture and lifeshine application by dealership. Then completely rubbed the screen with meths. Applied rainX then bought Bosch wipers. I also attempted to alter the angle of the wiper arm left then right then recentered it back to the original postion. Nothing worked, wiper still judders when the screen is partially dry or drenched with rain. What next?

On 14/01/2020 at 15:26, dwoakes said:

Why does it do this? I cannot understand under what circumstance you would want this to happen!

On a baking hot day when the car has been sitting in the sun it's quite handy to be able to open all the windows to help it cool down, conversely if your passengers have been opening windows handy to be able to close them all up. Found it quite useful at times.

I've replied to another thread on this subject, and I'm now of the opinion that any type of shampoo or windscreen fluid or cleaner contains too may contaminants, I've always used Autoglym products and the problem doesn't go away, other than changing to new blades.