1.5 Tsi poor throttle response fix

Has any one else had the software upgrade for the 1.5 Tsi? I got this upgrade 1 month ago for my 2 year old Octavia hatch and the improvement is massive. The car is now a friendly drive instead of very pull away being a lottery.

• Like 1

Agree about the software update done recently on our Jan 2018 Karoq 1.5TSi manual. Now drives like it should have done from new. Shame Skoda launched onto the market with such an obvious poor drivability issue. Skippy is banished and hopefully will not return to taunt us in 1st gear pullaways.:)

• Like 1

May '18 sel manual, just been serviced, no updates (I did ask specifically) .  Drove a focus the other week, it was pleasant to drive, was frugal (surprisingly I thought), and pulling away was a dream.

Edited by AlexBlue
gearbox

I too had the update for a June 2019 Octavia with manual gear. Great improvement when accelerating. However when being stuck in a queue the throttle response in the low gears is somewhat unpredictable. Especially in 1st gear it's like the power is increased or decreased too abrubt when gently changing the gas slightly. 

Biggest difference for me is our Karoq 1.5TSi can now creep forward in 1st gear in heavy traffic with just letting the clutch out without touching the gas pedal due to a steady idle speed of 950rpm when the engine is warm. Pop it into 2nd without any gas and the car now accelerates without any help from the gas pedal. This would have been impossible before with much jerking in heavy slow moving traffic.:thinking:

• Like 1

On 19/11/2019 at 10:46, shyVRS245 said:

Biggest difference for me is our Karoq 1.5TSi can now creep forward in 1st gear in heavy traffic with just letting the clutch out without touching the gas pedal due to a steady idle speed of 950rpm when the engine is warm. Pop it into 2nd without any gas and the car now accelerates without any help from the gas pedal. This would have been impossible before with much jerking in heavy slow moving traffic.:thinking:

I'm right now in discussions about returning a 1.5 TSI manual Octavia Q4 2018, and the "tester" did this and complained he doesn't notice the jerking... It took me some time to notice he's doing it, but weirdly his RPM was around 1k, while if I idle start by releasing clutch my rpm go up to 1300 and drop to 750, which is too low for comfort, and shifting in 2nd without throttle creates a power gap, and car judders like it's about to seize, but just barely keeps running.

11 hours ago, HueHueF said:

I'm right now in discussions about returning a 1.5 TSI manual Octavia Q4 2018, and the "tester" did this and complained he doesn't notice the jerking... It took me some time to notice he's doing it, but weirdly his RPM was around 1k, while if I idle start by releasing clutch my rpm go up to 1300 and drop to 750, which is too low for comfort, and shifting in 2nd without throttle creates a power gap, and car judders like it's about to seize, but just barely keeps running.

The tester from Skoda that joined me was also able to control the gas and clutch in such a way that no jerking was noticeable but he openly said that he had to add extra gas for it to behave smoothly. He also said that what the car really needed was extra gas but they couldn't just increase that because of the fear of another omission story. 

I can skip the extra gas if I spend 4-5 sec releasing the clutch but that is also not optimal.

I have accepted the few issues left and they are likely not to be fixed as they only show when trying to make small speed adjustments in first gear and overall it's a great car 🙂

• Like 1