Heated rear window performance

Pohsibj

I have had my 1.5 TSi SEL for a month now and am generally really happy with it but am posting a couple of seperate questions.

I havent had to use it very often yet but when I use my heated rear window it it doesnt seem to work very well, if at all. The orange light comes on to show it is active but I am expecting the window to clear quickly with the tell tale lines left from the heating elements. It seems to clear clowly from the top down to the bottom and my suspicion is that this is due to the cabin slowly heating up rather than the element itself. Unfortunately it hasnt been cold enough or frosty yet for a definative test. Next time I have it on I will take a picture.

I'm on my 5th Skoda and the rear heated screens haven't been overly effective on any of them.

They're great for defrosting external ice, but for clearing internal condensation not so much.

If the rear screen is damp (read wet inside as Silver1011 stated) it will take a long time to clear as you describe, if just misted I'd expect it to clear after a few minutes. After a short time if you see the horizontal lines clearing stripes first then the window heater is functioning. Personally in over 35 years driving I've not seen an instant solution to rear window demist... Now if they had used the same tech as the heated front screen that would be a different story, but I guess it costs more.

Edited by Hairball

On 21/11/2019 at 20:06, Hairball said:

If the rear screen is damp (read wet inside as Silver1011 stated) it will take a long time to clear as you describe, if just misted I'd expect it to clear after a few minutes. After a short time if you see the horizontal lines clearing stripes first then the window heater is functioning. Personally in over 35 years driving I've not seen an instant solution to rear window demist... Now if they had used the same tech as the heated front screen that would be a different story, but I guess it costs more.

Ok. Thanks. Problem is I dont see the lines appear. Maybe need a trip to the dealer. I keep meaning to get a picture...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...