Changing lighter outlet to a usb

Hello sweet fellows, long time no see...

I have acquired a couple of usb outlets that I intend to replace the cigg.lighter outlet with.

On a scale from 1-Hahahaha good luck, how must work is it to remove the center console?

6 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Why bother when you can buy low profile / flush fitting adaptors for a few quid off Amazon?

432693129_aukey-cargador-tecnologa-aipower-adaptador_puquscom_51vuCzWnaLL_400.jpg.3682a32496d3381d0e694bee5e380798.jpg

Hi silver1011!

Thanks for replying to me. 

I do have a adapter, or several I should say. But I believe there are something wrong with the outlet as the adapters keeps poping out.

Therefor I purchased two usb outlets to switch with.

Edited by Swedzilla
Spelling
  • Like 1

Whilst this is for the Octavia MkII, and their purpose is to remove the handbrake ribbon (well known to jam and seize up), but these two guides do give you a good understanding of how the central storage areas are fixed into place.

I appreciate the MkII Superb will be different, but they might still provide you with some hints and tips...

Good luck!

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Whilst this is for the Octavia MkII, and their purpose is to remove the handbrake ribbon (well known to jam and seize up), but these two guides do give you a good understanding of how the central storage areas are fixed into place.

I appreciate the MkII Superb will be different, but they might still provide you with some hints and tips...

Good luck!

You're awesome! Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Swedzilla said:

I like it! Thanks for showing

It's really easy to do. You can cut the plastic with a sharp craft knife. I used a pair of side cutters to remove the internal ribs. 

I used sugaroo to hold the usb connector in the housing. I did that 3 years ago and used everyday 

14 minutes ago, Nathanio said:

It's really easy to do. You can cut the plastic with a sharp craft knife. I used a pair of side cutters to remove the internal ribs. 

I used sugaroo to hold the usb connector in the housing. I did that 3 years ago and used everyday 

Did you remove the center console?

11 minutes ago, Swedzilla said:

Did you remove the center console?

Nope. The carpet bits of the side of the console pop off. You can then pop the blanks out from underneath. I cable tied the cigarette lighter adapter and and usb charger to a plastic support behind the carpet section. 

I made it all up out of the car and then popped out in