My 15 Roomster upgrades

roomster15

Hi all, 

Haven't been here for a while, but I thought I will post about some upgrades I have done to the car and share with you all.

Bought it brand new back in 2015, the last ones out of the factory and I've been using it daily for my job in London ( no, not Uber or private hire if you were wondering) 

Upgrades done are as below:

-K&N air filter

-Skoda RCD330+ headunit

-MTEC LED side lights

-H7 LED Headlight with adapter ring (on projectors so doesn't blind on-coming traffic)

-Skoda Kentaur 17" rims

Generally, most of the things I want is done, but a bit of lowering will be good. Any good options for this car's lowering kits? I don't want a harsh ride as the 17" wheels has already made a bit of difference. 

Hope you all enjoy this post.

IMG_20191216_152002.jpg

IMG_20191216_160713.jpg

IMG_20191216_160802.jpg

• Like 1

On 17/12/2019 at 18:59, Locomotive said:

is the Skoda RCD330 head unit easy to fit?

Direct replacement of the original head unit I had. The connectors at the back are exactly the same. I bought mine from ebay posted from china.

• 1 month later...

Can you give me more detail on the Lights you changed, I need I do something to mine as they’re awful, was going to try Philips or night breakers 130% first to see what they were like, have also seen a mod for proper hids, but that involves dismantling the light cluster 😬 

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/01/2020 at 09:38, dancingbear84 said:

Can you give me more detail on the Lights you changed, I need I do something to mine as they’re awful, was going to try Philips or night breakers 130% first to see what they were like, have also seen a mod for proper hids, but that involves dismantling the light cluster 😬 

I am using H7 LEDs for the headlights from amazon with the mount fixture for the housing also bought from amazon. MTEC T10 Cree LEDs from amazon for the sidelights.

I use my car as a daily and always drive at night going home and the LEDs are much brighter than the halogen (already tried nightbreaker - still not so bright), with the projector headlights cut off, it doesn't blind others.

The job is around 10 mins to change all of them.

Hope this helps?