Leaving Soon

As EV price comes closer and closer to petrol car prices, with more instant power and driving refinement, yet cheaper running cost, it's sad some people are still cynical about switching to the suprior drivetrain. 

The only downside for EV's is once in a blue moon, you may need to plan your long distance journey. It would cover vast majority of people's daily uses perfectly. 

• Like 2

6 year interest free loans in Scotland on EV's from the Government.  Nothing is free, tax payers are paying towards it.  As they are towards many things.

Free Rapid Charging as well.   (Not the Free Fast (slow) charge at Supermarkets at Charge points all around Scotland,

http://chargeplacescotland.org

It is nice not paying to get miles of smiles.  If a quick charge is required at Instavolt is cheap enough.

Well other than in taxation, just like everything is paid for by really.

Edited by Roottoot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Roottoot said:

6 year interest free loans in Scotland on EV's from the Government

That's a really good incentive!  6 years is a long time to pay for a car but with batteries having a 100,000 mile and 8 year warranty nowadays that's perfectly acceptable.  A shame it's nor an option in England .

8 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

If I'm spending it anyway, what do I care?

Having worked for both a cheap Supermarket (ASDA owned by American Walmart) and Waitrose (expensive and owned by John Lewis) they employ many tactics to attract and retain customers and one which most customers don't realise is putting the cheaper stuff at ground level so you buy the more expensive stuff at eye level. They also know that older people who have more money can't bend down to pick up the cheaper stuff at floor level. It's all very cynical when you give it some thought. £33,900 for your DS is not exactly cheap for the average person and is £10,000 more than my 2019 Superb which gives me quite a bit of free fuel compared to buying a DS E Tense plus there is no range anxiety on my 363PS petrol car with a 626 mile range (1,008km) already achieved. I use cheaper Supermarkets now such as Aldi and Lidl which are 30% cheaper than Waitrose for example.

Bloody noisy for a quiet car. 

& hand brake turns with a e-Brake as standard on PSA EV's are not advised.

Coming to a Krispy Kreme / KFC carpark sometime soon after people catch on to the Lease Prices and the Demonstrators are up for cheap finance. Then in 2 or 3 years time the Lease & Mobility cars will be going back to the motor trade and will be cheap as chips.

Edited by Roottoot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

£33,900 for your DS is not exactly cheap for the average person and is £10,000 more than my 2019 Superb which gives me quite a bit of free fuel compared to buying a DS E Tense plus there is no range anxiety on my 363PS petrol car with a 626 mile range (1,008km) already achieved. I use cheaper Supermarkets now such as Aldi and Lidl which are 30% cheaper than Waitrose for example.

Cars are deeply personal. One person loves their new car is great for them. 

But what I find interesting is that in most EV related threads, across all different forums, people like to use a lot of first person perspective to justify their own personal choice, using "I" "my".  It's almost as though people felt the need to belittle other people's deeply personal choice just because they have chosen a different type of powertrain. 

You don't see much of this with a new petrol or diesel car. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

£33,900 for your DS is not exactly cheap for the average person and is £10,000 more than my 2019 Superb which gives me quite a bit of free fuel compared to buying a DS E Tense plus there is no range anxiety on my 363PS petrol car with a 626 mile range (1,008km) already achieved.

Mine is a Motability car, leased through their scheme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I am genuinely happy for anyone who buys or rents an EV and perhaps when I retire I will sell both of our petrol cars and get one for the short commute to the shops.

EV range is increasing all of the time.  As mentioned higher up in the thread I reckon 140 worst case and over 200 best case, depending on the time of year etc.  I regularly do over 100 mile round trips and finding charging points on longer journeys is not much trouble.  The trip to Scotland I mentioned will be easy as a little research has identified various rapid chargers at each waypoint.  The fact that these points are free to use is the iceing on the cake.

• Like 2

@shyVRS245   I leased from Motability the more expensive e-Corsa with the cloak of invisibility and no show without more go as in the Peugeot e-208 GT (not GT Line which is cheaper.)  Advance payments have changed 3 times in the past 3 quarters, i have ended up paying more because the price at order is fixed, but now if i ordered one it would be £900 less. 

(It was a 11kW onboard charger one i ordered, but these are not built yet so i had to re-order.)

Loads of bargains available now with Motability for EV's, but diesels and hybrids advance payments are up quite high.

The e-Corsa drives different to the e-208 and has more standard spec and no silly dash, steering wheel and un-comfy light coloured seats.

All that glitters is not gold it can be a diamond in a goats arse.

I have driven most of the available EV's now, and the e-2008 & DS3 e-tense included and got what i was wanting, but i could really of chosen any of the many under £40,000 EV's that are available.  

I want for the fun to drive one that will allow me to do 400 miles or so with just 1 rapid charge during a day.

Edited by Roottoot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Roottoot said:

@shyVRS245   I leased the more expensive e-Corsa with the cloak of invisibility and no show without more go as in the Peugeot e-208 GT (not GT Line which is cheaper.)

The e-Corsa drives different to the e-208 and has more standard spec and no silly dash, steering wheel and un-comfy light coloured seats.

All that glitters is not gold it can be a diamond in a goats arse.

I have driven most of the available EV's now, and the e-2008 & DS3 e-tense included and got what i was wanting, but i could really of chosen any of the many under £40,000 EV's that are available.  

I want for the fun to drive one that will allow me to do 400 miles or so with just 1 rapid charge during a day.

Horses for courses!

• Like 1

@peterhardy

My car will never be raced or rallied.  Well not on the public highway and only on the Parallel Universe that other Boy / Lady Racers on this forum drive on where NSL's do not apply.

I might do the occasional 'Traffic Light grand prix' or grand pric-ks. 

The early vehicles that i got a wee shotty of had Michelin PS4's fitted, but the Primacy that the cars come with are being put away until they go back on at hand back.

?

Have you tried your car with 'Traction control off'?

@peterhardy

My car will never be raced or rallied.  Well not on the public highway and only on the Parallel Universe that other Boy / Lady Racers on this forum drive on where NSL's do not apply.

I might do the occasional 'Traffic Light grand prix' or grand pric-ks. 

The early vehicles that i got a wee shotty of had Michelin PS4's fitted, but the Primacy that the cars come with are being put away until they go back on at hand back.

?

Have you tried your car with 'Traction control off'?

I haven't 😁.  Tbh, I'm really enjoying being much more laid back in my driving style.  I just let the idiots go on their own sweet way and happily pull over to let the 'want to drive in your boot' numpties past.  That doesn't stop me turning the air blue but I try to shake my head and think of my blood pressure more these days 🤣.

• Like 1

@peterhardy

I just need to not get any points on my license in the next 3 years, so 'mostly' in ECO for me, A/C off, stick in 'B' and not even risking it for a biscuit on the most out of the way mountain passes with miles of views.  Heated seats and steering wheel will be a help in colder weather, but then i don't need to drive an EV if proper wintery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roottoot said:

@peterhardy

I just need to not get any points on my license in the next 3 years, so 'mostly' in ECO for me, A/C off, stick in 'B' and not even risking it for a biscuit on the most out of the way mountain passes with miles of views.  Heated seats and steering wheel will be a help in colder weather, but then i don't need to drive an EV if proper wintery.

Will Smith is considering featuring George in a high speed chase in Bad Boys 3 to be set in the Glens around Loch Lomond with a cameo role of Donald Trump playing Golf at Turnberry.

mostly' in ECO for me, A/C off, stick in 'B'

Are you my twin? 😁  No points on my licence but as I become an old fart I'm happier being in the slow lane ☺️.

Doh, could she not see that the furthest away compartment is wider, takes the manual long ways

so really those that actually bother to look might see in right hand drive PSA cars that furthest left is a suitable space and in some a slot for the owners manual,

leaving the cubby hole free for the 'string back driving gloves' and reading specs. 

Some people might not bother to actually look though or just say something about no space for an owners manual.

Like @ 7 minutes.

^^^ You can see the shaped space for the manual if you actually look and the glove compartment lid still closes.

Below is the Opel / Vauxhall e-Corsa place to the left for the Owners manual.

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 14.14.06.jpg

Edited by Roottoot
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Roottoot said:

Doh, could see not see that the furthest away compartment is wider, & those that actually bother to look might see in right hand drive PSA cars that furthest left is a suitable space and in some a slot for the owners manual,

leaving the cubby hole free for the 'string back driving gloves' and reading specs. 

Some people might not bother to actually look though or just say something about no space for a owners manual.

Like @ 7 minutes.

Does the Corsa-e come with a bag to carry the cables like the 208-e and 2008-e?:hi:

Yes.  Maybe just not put in the Media cars they are driving.

But then Vauxhall want around £500 for a 3 pin charger cable and have none in stock. You can get 10 meter ones for around £240, with a nice case.

Heavy though.  I have a Tote box that fits between the seat and back of car that holds them, and makes the area flat with the seat folded forward.

Since there is no space really behind the drivers seat for an adult with legs the charger cable bag can go there.

• Thanks 1