Goodbye to Skoda Community after 10+ years, another engine failure

amh

Evening all,

It is great shame that after 10+ years and 3'rd Skoda Octavia VRS, (2 x 1.8T a 2001, 2004 and 1 x 2.0 TFSI 2011 current vehicle) I will be saying goodbye to Skoda.  Unfortunately I have received bad news that the timing chain tensioner has failed on my vehicle and that it has caused a catastrophic failure to my engine and the cost to me in almost the cost of the vehicle, so it will be bye bye to my Skoda. 

I do feel massively let down by Skoda UK considering the fact I have been a long loyal customer who has always had main dealer serviced vehicles, I even asked if they would allow some money off a new car and I would look to upgrade the vehicle at a further cost to me, but they were not interested.

It is a shame that now I have this failure I see how much information including VAG own TPI's on this subject that VAG do not inform their customers and give them the opportunity to pay to replace the known faulty parts with updated versions.  If I was armed with this information by Skoda I would have replaced said tensioner and chain at my own cost like I have done with anything else my vehicle has required, but instead I am left with non serviceable part which should not have failed and now left with a broken engine and a car I am going to have to just write off when market value is probably £6K.

I don't know if anyone else has had a similar experience and can offer advice, but at this present moment it seems quite conclusive that Skoda UK are not interested in helping.   

Unfortunately Skoda isn't the old cheap good vfm manufacturer anymore and probably doesn't feel the need to cherish its long-time loyal customers. In 2008 my first VRS felt special to me because they seemed rare.... that's no longer the case. Enjoy your new car, there are plenty of good manufacturers and interesting vehicles to choose from besides Skoda. 

Edited by Redboy
Speeling error