Number Plate Lights

Apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere, I have searched but cant find specifics.

My old company car which happened to be a van (VW T5 Kombi) happened to have LED number plate bulbs which looked completely out of place and I though would look much better on the Octavia! It was a very simple swap (complete unit from T5 fitted straight in) and they look so much better than the standard bulbs that were in there. However it is now throwing up an error code on the dash and asking me to check number plate bulbs on the system! Doh! Gone are the old days of modding where you could just swap over without upsetting the cars computer system.

Any ideas, help and general input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys and girls

Ray

You need to do a quick coding application to tell the car LED are fitted using Obdeleven, VCDS or similar.

Hope that helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a fellow motorist, can I politely ask that you do not install led bulbs? Please. 

The dazzle can be unpleasant, one local car has bulbs so bright and throwing light backwards that the registration is invisible. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gregoir said:

As a fellow motorist, can I politely ask that you do not install led bulbs? Please. 

The dazzle can be unpleasant, one local car has bulbs so bright and throwing light backwards that the registration is invisible. 

Hi @gregoir, I completely agree that some of the LED Bulbs are inappropriately bright but as @silver1011 states these were originally fitted as standard to the Transporter that I have just returned and are exactly the same as the bulbs that my Wifes Leon FR has fitted so you should still be able to see the registration plate.

2 hours ago, silver1011 said:

If they were originally fitted from the factory on the VW Transporter, then they won't be overly bright, unlike many of the aftermarket LED units from China etc.

Those in the pictures are showing white light to the rear rather than just illuminating the registration plate. Illegal surely and unpleasant to be behind.