Cambelt/timing belt Ireland

Hey, just wondering the cost of a timing belt change in Ireland? Rang Monaghans & Sons in Galway today, they said around €550. And i Emailed skodapartsireland.ie and they quoted me €331 for the belt and water pump. Should i look elsewhere or is this really the going rate? Thanks.

I just checked the Skoda Ireland website for my car (DSG Superb) and a new timing belt with water pump is €450, so the price you were quoted sounds a bit OTT. From memory, I seem to remember that timing belts were one of those jobs that was often strangely cheaper in a Skoda / VW dealership than an independent. Not sure why that is. If your car hasn't had the EA189 fix, they will probably try to do it while they have it. That may, or may not, give you cause for concern.

On the other hand, the Skoda Ireland website wants €50 to replace the fuel filter (5 minute diy job), €20 to replace the air filter (again, 5 minute diy job) and €26 to replace the pollen filter (slightly more awkard, but still no more than 10 minutes the first time you do it). Christ, you can buy all 3 filters for not much more than €30 the last time I checked. So on that score I would say the dealerships are operating daylight robbery!

Thanks for the info. Checked Western Motors and they have them same prices as you have listed. 100 euro cheaper, so 450. It is crazy what they charge for a service,  and 47 euro to change front wipers. Crazy. 

On 09/01/2020 at 09:30, Declan O'Shaughnessy said:

I just checked the Skoda Ireland website for my car (DSG Superb) and a new timing belt with water pump is €450, so the price you were quoted sounds a bit OTT.

Agree. Had my car done at at Al Hayes in Ennis - Water Pump, belt, tensioners and coolant for €450.