Parking sensors not working

I bought a new parking sensor module from Skoda and had it changed myself today. I have removed the battery and replaced it to be on the safe side. But the problem now is that it still doesn't work. there is just a long beep sound and then it goes out as before. I have not reset it with computer. Is it necessary to reset it?

1 hour ago, Tabarak said:

I bought a new parking sensor module from Skoda and had it changed myself today. I have removed the battery and replaced it to be on the safe side. But the problem now is that it still doesn't work. there is just a long beep sound and then it goes out as before. I have not reset it with computer. Is it necessary to reset it?

Spoiler

Hi, did you get a scan done to find out which component was at fault? The symptom you describe (long beep) is what I had with a faulty sensor. It may be that you get the same long beep when any component in the parking sensor system fails. Once I replaced the faulty sensor, the parking aid worked as usual without any resetting. 

1 minute ago, Rob1971 said:
  Hide contents

Hi, did you get a scan done to find out which component was at fault? The symptom you describe (long beep) is what I had with a faulty sensor. It may be that you get the same long beep when any component in the parking sensor system fails. Once I replaced the faulty sensor, the parking aid worked as usual without any resetting. 

Yes. I got it scan. 
And i already changed one sensor but doesn’t help. But now I don’t have scanner on me. I have to go to workshop next week to reset it and read the code again. But the question is: do i have to reset when I change the modul?

IMG_3901.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Tabarak said:

Yes. I got it scan. 
And i already changed one sensor but doesn’t help. But now I don’t have scanner on me. I have to go to workshop next week to reset it and read the code again. But the question is: do i have to reset when I change the modul?

IMG_3901.jpeg

It doesn't give you a specific cause which isn't helpful and if you don't know which sensor is bad, you just throw money at it. The sensor you replaced could be good (unless more than one sensor is bad), in which case, I'd swap out another to see if that fixes it and if not, on to the next sensor and so on. Where is your location? If you're near, I'd scan your vehicle

45 minutes ago, Rob1971 said:

It doesn't give you a specific cause which isn't helpful and if you don't know which sensor is bad, you just throw money at it. The sensor you replaced could be good (unless more than one sensor is bad), in which case, I'd swap out another to see if that fixes it and if not, on to the next sensor and so on. Where is your location? If you're near, I'd scan your vehicle

I live in malmø sweden. I will reset it in next week and see if its help. Other wise i have to change rear sensors one by one and see if its help. I have already used lots of hours on that. 

Ahhhhh, a little bit too far! It is a nightmare when you have electrical issues such as this and you feel like you're throwing lots of time and money at it. What annoys me is that I fitted rear sensors to my daughters and partners car and each kit cost less than one sensor on my Yeti. Good luck with sorting it and please let us know the outcome. Regards