Glowplug problem 1.4tdi Fabia greenline

Nearing the end of the road with my Fabia - engine management light still showing, so I can't put it for MOT yet. Reader is showing a fault on glowplug system, yet despite new glowplugs and today a new glowplug module, I can clear the fault but after two start/stops it appears again and the engine management light reappears!

Anyone have experience with this? It's a 2008 (08) Fabia 1.4TDi Greenline - any suggestions welcomed!!

I only ask because sometimes the engine management light will come on as well as a flashing glow plug light which usually prompts people who have insufficient knowledge to presume that its a fault with the glow plugs.

usually a failing glow plug is a minor fault which logs a fault but doesn't bring the engine management light on which is also a little suspicious but if you get the whole story from whoever has looked at your car I'm sure we can help you out.

The engine management light was showing when I bought the car 3+ years back. It has been on sorn for a wee while now but basically when the MOT criteria changed so that it wouldn't pass without this sorted.

Everything else on the car sorted, so just this holding it back - I'm told when they reset the fault today after the new module was fitted, that it cleared but reappeared after being stopped and started twice 😲

This is probably a long shot, but I had the engine management light showing on my 2007 Octavia TDI and it turned out to be an issue with a fuse. I had previously had a problem with the 12 volt lighter socket, and my son had fixed it by piggy backing a new wire off a fuse. It was in the local dealership for 3 days while they figured it out, but the cost was surprisingly reasonable.

Update with good news - fault was found as a dodgy wire to module. All wires had been checked with meter, but when checked again using a bulb, it turned out one wire (which was reading 11.6 volts) could hardly light the bulb, so once the wire was replaced all was well 👏