Edition 100 OEM Suspension

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 06 1.9 AWX Superb Edition 100. The car has a couple of mods including coilovers and I want to return it to OEM spec. I have no service book and the build sticker in the boot is faded beyond recognition so I can't check the PR codes. Did these come with the same suspension as a base model Superb or  being the flagship did they get an equivalent of Passat sport suspension with factory lowering springs and slightly stiffer dampers?

Thanks,

Danny.

15 hours ago, DMC_Superb said:

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 06 1.9 AWX Superb Edition 100. The car has a couple of mods including coilovers and I want to return it to OEM spec. I have no service book and the build sticker in the boot is faded beyond recognition so I can't check the PR codes. Did these come with the same suspension as a base model Superb or  being the flagship did they get an equivalent of Passat sport suspension with factory lowering springs and slightly stiffer dampers?

Thanks,

Danny.

It looks like the Skoda Superb MK1 1.9TDI has front spring part number 8D0411105AT for the manual gearbox, 8D0411105AT for the automatice gearbox, and rear spring part number 3B0511115S.

There's no sign of any sports suspension that I've seen in either the gknautomotive.com online catalogue or optimal-germany.com coil spring catalogue.

You can check these part numbers at a Skoda dealer parts department or maybe entering your VIN in a Skoda online parts catalogue.

Edited by Carlston

On 18/01/2020 at 03:18, Carlston said:

It looks like the Skoda Superb MK1 1.9TDI has front spring part number 8D0411105AT for the manual gearbox, 8D0411105AT for the automatice gearbox, and rear spring part number 3B0511115S.

There's no sign of any sports suspension that I've seen in either the gknautomotive.com online catalogue or optimal-germany.com coil spring catalogue.

You can check these part numbers at a Skoda dealer parts department or maybe entering your VIN in a Skoda online parts catalogue.

That's brilliant, thank you very much! I've tried entering my VIN on the online version of ETKA and it doesn't recognise it. Double checked VIN is correct and tried a VIN from another Superb and didn't find that either. Must be the fact it's not the genuine ETKA. Now I have part numbers I know what I need to order, cheers! 

12 hours ago, JamieP86 said:

Danny, I have standard Ed 100 springs sat in my garage. They're dead weight to me and I'll never be fitting them to the car. Yours if you want.

Where are you located?

I'm in Galway, Ireland unfortunately. If you'd be willing to post them I'll cover the postage and give you something for the springs too. 

More than willing to post mate - try Paisley Freight for a quote (usually pretty fair). 

When do you need / want them by? Moving house on the 28th - so would be easier for me to send them after that - or if not, I can send them next weekend before we move (work away during week days).

On 18/01/2020 at 03:18, Carlston said:

It looks like the Skoda Superb MK1 1.9TDI has front spring part number 8D0 411 105 AT for the manual gearbox, 8D0 411 105 BM for the automatice gearbox, and rear spring part number 3B0 511 115 S.

Correction.

Sources of information:

gknautomotive.com

optimal-germany.com

autodoc.co.uk

Edited by Carlston

9 hours ago, DMC_Superb said:

That's perfect Jamie. I'm in no rush so give me a shout once you've moved house and are all settled in and we can sort it out then. Thanks! 

No worries there, give me a prompt on the 30th if you don't hear from me, as loads going on!

Not looking for anything for them, so only pay postage and they're yours.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, JamieP86 said:

@DMC_Superb Do you still need these? Sorry for the delay, been away with work alot so garage has been neglected since moving house!

That's no problem Jamie, I'd forgotten about it myself! Will happily take them off you. I'l drop you a PM.

Thanks,

Danny.