Škoda Octavia 4 Vienna Auto Show 2020 Premier

Croat

Here is a quick look at the new Octavia 4. I will have two more detail videos for you later. Enjoy! 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That manual gear stick knob , how many years has it been on the go. Something they could do better.

When is the VRS ready to order, any one know? Even more , when do we see the showcased VRS

14 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

That manual gear stick knob , how many years has it been on the go. Something they could do better.

When is the VRS ready to order, any one know? Even more , when do we see the showcased VRS

Yes that knob is old for sure! RS is probably coming either end of 2020 or early 2021.

Edited by Croat

I watched these last night. It’s a very nice looking car, but I remain unconvinced by the iPad stuck on the dashboard both in terms of style and ease of use.

My previous car was a Velar, on which had just about everything had to be done through the two screens. It looked good, and there were loads of things it could do but it was very distracting to use and I never got to grips with it. It was OK if Swmbo was with me as I could ask her to do the things, but even then if you hit a bump the wrong function would be operated.

At least the nine Octavia has some buttons for functions or to immediately take you to the right screen, which must be better.

I also like the stubby auto “lever” , there’s no need to have a long stick in the middle on an auto. My favourite solution in that regard is Mercedes who have a stalk on the column. Out of the way, select and drive.

But overall, I like it a lot, and would anticipate a lot of very happy owners

It looks great IMO, defo taking some exterior design from the current Superb.  I've been looking at reviews of the Golf 8 and must say that Skoda seem to have done a much better job of the interior, which is a refreshing change as Skoda usually have a dull as dishwater interior that look like a VW hand-me-down from a few generations ago. 

The estate looks very good.  I hope they finally make the vRS a bit more exciting. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hatch model has finally arrived to Croatia. Hers quick look of Style model. More detail video review in salon coming soon.

Edited by Croat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As promised, I found salon with Ambition package so I will do my best to review it as well.

• Like 1

Really short look at Ambition package, more detail and comparison with Style in the next video.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another look in night as well with LED Matrix headlights performance in dark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are both day and night POV tests, one where I don't talk so you can hear car noises and cabin sound proof, and one with review and my impressions on road.

• Like 1