Battery issues

Hi

My Octavia IIi 1.6 105hp diesel has just started having some issues over the last couple of weeks. A few times the coil light cam on when I tried to start it. A couple of times the start stop said it couldn't function on start. Today the car wouldnt start at all (no turnover). I charged the battery for an hour and it started no problem.

It does a 200 mile motorway journey once a week so should be charging OK. I dont have loads of stuff connected (phone only no dash cam etc) so there shouldn't be undue drain.

I have read here that there have been issues with some Moll batteries from 2017 and my car is from August 2017 and does have a Moll battery.

2.5 years seems to me not to be a reasonable lifetime for a battery. Are Skoda replacing these FOC without prompting (its got to go in for a service in a week) or will I have to kick up a fuss ?

Thanks

Skoda dealer will test the battery with their VAGCom equipment.  If the battery has a dead/dying cell in it, it will be replaced FOC as long as its still in warranty. 

Best let your local dealer know now, so it stops the clock on the potential warranty claim.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to update this it was the battery and after confirming this with loads of tests they replaced it under warranty with no charge for the battery or all the testing. It takes a lot of testing of everything else before Skoda will accept its a duff battery apparently. I didn't have to push them I just mentioned the Moll battery issue when I took it in and they said yes loads have been replaced. Skoda should have done a recall really.

• Like 1