New user help with search pleas

Hi all,

Recently purchased my first Skoda Octavia (32k 2016 1.4 TSI SE L DSG Estate ) as the 2nd owner. Luckily the 1st owner requested nearly all the available extra's from new so very happy with my purchase.

I joined the forum to search for some information about a 5 year service that is due this year along with the cam belt information, but having difficultly with the search terms.

As backup info I contacted the local dealer to confirm that the water pump is not required to be changed with the cam belt as the pump is separate.

I needed to find what is required at a 5 year service as my local garage (not a Skoda dealer) will carry this out if I give them the details of any additional from standard that may need attention. I have used this family run garage for 20 years who originally opened after WW2 and still family members working on the tools but the garage and staff has grown over the years.

Sorry to get distracted but I searched for ' Octavia 2016 service schedule' 'service schedule' '5 year service' plus a few more but did not get any results.

So as can you give me some guidance please on what & how to search to get some results please.

Mike

HI BS208 and welcome to a very helpful forum.

My 2015 Octavia Elegance 1.4TSI DSG estate is booked in for its 5 year doctors appointment in a couple of weeks at the Skoda dealer who sold it to me from new.

The service  in the maxidot simply said 'oil service and inspection' not very helpful.

Phoned them and was advised that:

The service was £179 and oil change £60, MOT £39. It also NEEDED a cambelt change which would cost £479 or with the water pump £549. Total £827.

Now the cambelt may go on for XXXX Miles or it may snap and destroy the engine, gamble or be safe?

Hope this helps......

My car has only done 20k

Thanks for the reply. I am going to get the cam belt replaced for £386 locally at 5 years, so I think I will ask them to do the usual oil change, wheels, brakes, inspections etc.

Bristol Skoda dealer quoted the same as yours and confirmed that the water pump is not on the same belt as the cam so does not need replacing, just checking the condition. I also checked with Skoda maintenance online just to confirm that the information was correct.

From what I've read in here, it is strongly advised to get the water pump done along with the cam belt.

And looking at the small difference in price it's worth it for the peace of mind alone.

Edit. Having seen the post above, it looks like  my advice doesn't relate to your model car and I may (inadvertently) have been talking sh*te.

Edited by Tolpol62

https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/servicing-maintenance-fixed-price

£479 for cam belt (petrol)

£349 for water pump.

My local garage quoted £240 for water pump incl. vat.

I will check with Skoda dealer again to see if it should be done and get a price for both, as ajw1100 has said - cambelt change which would cost £479 or with the water pump £549.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Cambelt service today, this included oil service, (Filter, oil etc) Brake fluid change, Cambelt replacement, (tensioner, belt, roller etc) wash and vac. When I asked about the waterpump I was advised hat this did not need to be replaced as it was on the opposite side of the engine to the Cambelt!

Total cost just under £700.