150 hp verse 190 hp

Richyvfinland

Hey apart from the obvious power difference in engines, I’m just wondering if the manual is better than the dsg ? 
and also has anyone had any info on when the timing belt should be changed on 2016 with 186k on a Manual one ?

im about to commit to one of these cars but can’t decide between the engines ..  ones 190 hp 2017 152k and the other is 2016 registered in late November with 186k and 150 hp ! 
both cars are in great nick , any advice greatly appreciated ! 

26 minutes ago, Richyvfinland said:

Hey apart from the obvious power difference in engines, I’m just wondering if the manual is better than the dsg ? 
and also has anyone had any info on when the timing belt should be changed on 2016 with 186k on a Manual one ?

im about to commit to one of these cars but can’t decide between the engines ..  ones 190 hp 2017 152k and the other is 2016 registered in late November with 186k and 150 hp ! 
both cars are in great nick , any advice greatly appreciated ! 

I would make sure it's a one owner car from new. Then choose the car that's had the best owner.

Rather than looking at 190HP versus 150HP, a better comparison is to compare the torque, ie. 400Nm versus 340Nm. If you look at the acceleration from 0-100km/h it's probably only about 1 second difference.

You could also look at what power and torque these engines can be remapped to:

150HP/340Nm to 190HP/430Nm

https://www.dtintecno.de/cars/2-0-tdi-cr-110-kw-150-ps:14435

190HP/400Nm to 220HP/450Nm

https://www.dtintecno.de/cars/2-0-tdi-cr-140-kw-190-ps:14436

Edited by Carlston

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There is some serious mileage on both cars, 50,000+ miles a year suggests mainly motorway use? Or a taxi being run 24 hours a day with multiple drivers.

You don't mention which Skoda model you're looking at? Presumably the Superb?

I've heard some criticism of the 190PS, in that the power delivery isn't as smooth as the 150PS. I've never driven the 190PS myself though so it is all secondhand information.

It looks as though you've updated your profile so I'm guessing you went with the 2016 one!?

Thanks guys , we went for the 2016 150bhp 

it’s been perfect , we drove to Rovaniemi last month and all seemed well ,

I didn’t get a car manual but it seems all of it is online ,

I have one question if anyone can answer ,

when I search for WiFi a network comes up and need a password I can’t find a sim !? And have google for the password but it says I’ve to take it to a dealer ??

The manual can be downloaded here...

https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Model/Superb_3V/11-2016/en

image.png.c51c77d474bb52fc2079b1822a73cbdf.png

The SIM card slot should be in the glovebox...

image.png.10182a568606f508f7a225ed310ebb47.png

The password can be found here...

MENU > SETTINGS > WLAN > MOBILE HOTSPOT > MOBILE (WLAN) SETTINGS > Security Key