1.4 tsi starts but dies

Hi all need help Octy 1.4tsi 2011 not used for a few

weeks , went to start and battery dead , Charged battery and now car starts first turn of the key but dies and stops, If quicK I can start and rev it ok but still dies completely . I have the steering angle sensor warning light on dash but this will go out after the turning wheels side to side . I seem to have three beeps from dash too... any ideas anyone?

A weak battery usually gives the steering warning light you see. It's possible the battery has reached end of life, needs more charge or needs to more running to cycle through charge/discharge a few times to pick up again.

Take it into or by a motor factors or even tyre/exhaust place and they should be able to put a load tester on it. Just a voltage test from a multimeter is not the same.

Hi Me 109 no battery is near new. I have midtron tested it . I think by disconnecting the battery recharging then reconnecting I have somehow corrupted the immobiliser. The car starts first turn of the ley but stops immediately. Still no further forward and car blocking driveway...

17 minutes ago, kaspian said:

Hi Me 109 no battery is near new. I have midtron tested it . I think by disconnecting the battery recharging then reconnecting I have somehow corrupted the immobiliser. The car starts first turn of the ley but stops immediately. Still no further forward and car blocking driveway...

Hmm, could simply be the key reading coil around the ignition barrel