Left hand front indicator working intermittently

Hi all, wonder if anyone has come across this problem. I've a 2008 Ocativa Combi (MK2), I'm having a problem with one of the front indicators - the left front. The light on the display keeps coming up saying that a bulb needs replacing and when you check, the light isn't working. However within a day or so (sometimes shorter) the error clears and the indicator works away fine. I've changed bulbs, checked all wiring and checked to make sure the bulb isn't working loose. Can't find anything amiss. I've had my mechanic check it out too with diagnostic tools and he can't find anything either. If anyone can shed any light (excuse the pun!) I'd appreciate it, or even point me in the right direction. Only thing I can think of is contact my local skoda dealer (where i bought the car new) and see if they have seen the problem before. Or would they have better diagnostic equipment? Any comments appreciated. 

Replace the bulb because:

1) it could be a poor contact at the bulb due to vibration wearinging away the solder pip or 

2) the bulb has aged and now takes less current so bringing up the bulb failure warning intermittently.

Has it had any water / moisture inside the headlight housing? How does it look inside ie do the contacts look clean.

Sounds like a slightly loose cable / bad connection somewhere.

HI,

Had exactly the same problem which lasted over a couple of years. Got bulb fail info, bulb not working. Left the flasher operating, bulb started working.

Decided it wasn't a bulb problem (changed it anyway) but the plug that connects to the headlight housing. Removed housing, one nylon screw to remove then  pull a slide to release the housing. Remove plug, change bulb, re-fit plug and housing. This was done six moths ago and no further problems.

Cheers, Lloyd