Updating Sat nav

I wonder if anyone can help please. I have a bolero system in a mk3 fabia monte carlo. I have gone onto the skoda portal and it shows an update is avaliable. I have tried to update the original skoda sd card and there was not enough space on the sd card so bought a new sd card and updated the maps onto that but the system wont read the card. How do i update the sat nav please? 

Many thanks for any help 

Edited by saber3811
Spelling

I think only Skoda SD card works for the Sat Nav.

Try copying what is on the original SD card to somewhere else.

Then clean the card and load the new maps on to the card now you have space on it.

Thanks AG Falco

It may be relevant what computer you are using. Our other car is a Kodiaq and I tried to update the software for that using USB and SD. I couldn't get it to work until I found a thread somewhere that pointed out if you use a Mac (Apple) to write the data to SD then it adds some hidden files that upset the Skoda infotainment and it doesn't work. So I used a PC rather than my MacBook to reformat the SD and load the files and all was well.