Superb II estate rear demister inop!

WIG

Hi all, again! My Superb II estate's rear heated screen has ceased to work.  Upon inspection (I removed all the trims from the tailgate) I found that there is indeed a feed there at the spade terminals, the nearside being the live and the offside the earth. When disconnected from the screen there is a reading of 13.98v, when connected to the screen I get a reading of 12v or so...... So something is drawing a current somewhere but not heating the screen up. It was working fine up until Christmas, but then it just didn't defrost one day.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know, I think it must be the connections between the spade terminals and the screen itself but they are all parts of the screen, the rest of the heating element around the window seems ok. As the car still has some warranty left on it I am hoping that they will pay for it, but they only cover certain things.

VCDS does not show up any faults.

Cheers guys and gals!

The whole thing has just stopped working mate. I am going to test each individual line tomorrow, if nothing there then I'll try and test as far down the strip where the connectors are to see just how far the power gets, but not one line of it works.

Cheers for the reply, e-mail to my phone is on the blink for some reason so sorry for the delayed reply!

Had a bit of 'good' fortune today, open the tailgate to test the lines on the window and was getting only mV, so I disconnected the spade terminals from the glass again and tested for the volts there which were 14v+, not now it seems. I then decided to move the loom going from the roof to the tailgate on the nearside and the multimeter fluttered to a few volts and back down. Also, I have another unresolved post on here about my rear wiper not wiping constantly when working the washer, it will only be intermittent, well when I was moving the wiring the wiper did the odd swipe even though the switch was off and it was not in reverse!! So it seems I have a few dodgy wires to fix, oh joy...... now where is my soldering gun??????? 😩

• Like 1