Apple car play adapter?

Hi all, 

I have an aftermarket ALPINE STYLE X901-OC3 for my MK3, its a great system but missing Apple Car Play. 

would anyone know if there is an after market usb or adapter to connect to convert to Apple car play?  Most of the USB adapters I have found run on android System.  

I tried screen mirror but it’s not the same, you still have to use phone for map changes etc. 

many thanks in advance 

Is the unit supposed to support car play? If so you may just need to change the USB port under the heater dials. The old usb is black 5Q0035726C, the new usb that supports car play is green 5Q0035726E, you’ll need to trim a piece off of the plug to get it to fit.

hope this helps.

On 01/03/2020 at 18:26, System0fAClown said:

Is the unit supposed to support car play? If so you may just need to change the USB port under the heater dials. The old usb is black 5Q0035726C, the new usb that supports car play is green 5Q0035726E, you’ll need to trim a piece off of the plug to get it to fit.

hope this helps.

Thank you I’ll look into it. The unit it self as far as I know doesn’t. I could be wrong though.  and alpine it released a new unit without the screen for 700 pounds