Horn

Jweb

I can't answer that but I applaud your interest/concern in not trashing the BCM or any other module that switches the horn on/off.

I have replaced mine with these 2.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-replacement-disc-twin-Horn-for-VW-polo-golf-bora-jetta-caddy-t5-t4-12V/400567165802?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

it's a wiring job, and it can be a bit tight. My old horn was knackered, making a strange squeak.

Not had any issues so far, mind you I rarely use the horn.

• 1 month later...

I left the original horn in place and spliced two wires from it to a second horn. Its tricky to find any where to install a second horn but there is a space on the drivers side behind the lower air vent. The horn can be wired up and there is a threaded bolt hole so the new horn can positioned down the hole, behind the air vent, suspended on a metal strip to a bolt fitted to the threaded hole. I think the diesel versions have the intercooler here so you cant do this. Some Fabia have twin horns on the passengers side but have a special bracket mounting them both. My original horn was high so I fitted a new low horn. Gives a much better noise. The old high horn reminded me of Noddy's car!. The wires to the new horn can re run along the bonnet lock cable and then down to the new horn. I have had no trouble with fuses blowing.    

• Like 1

Hi 

Thanks for the reply that's exactly what I've done just mounted it above the radiator and yes the low tone is so much better the original sounded like road runner being kicked in the nuts.

I have a 2009 diesel Fabia and it has a stonking horn! Not stupidly loud, like a lorry or bus but defy up there with van's, etc! I think it is a twin set-up.

Must have been the luck of the draw, on the production line...

2015 Yeti, pathetic excuse of a horn which I am embarrassed to use.

Only found one on I think the NS chassis rail when I did the accident repair, it functions properly but is just pants, I dont recall finding spare wiring on the other chassis rail, does anyone know if all the looms have provision for the secnd tone horn?