Buying karoq parts from superskoda shop

Fux

Hello,

First of all apologies for any grammar mistakes - English is not my native language

I made an account to share my experience with popular (and well regarded on this site, from what I've read) superskoda shop:

1) I've been following prices on their site for several months in hopes of discounts/sales - I've sent them mail on 24th of April to ask them if they had any sales planned soon, their reply was: "at this moment we don´t plan any."

A week later boom, there is a site wide sale (1.5 till 4.5.) with 20% discount - to be fair, they might have not planned it a week earlier when they replied to me..

2) So during this sale I purchase 143€ worth of goods and after a day order details change (see attachment picture) to goods dispatched (status is still the same)

I wait a few days but GLS tracking still says:

The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

I check superskoda FAQ on shipping dates where it says:

Q: How long does it take you to ship out my order?

A: Usually it takes about 48 hours to ship your item, which is on stock. When we do not have your item on stock, we ship the goods within 3-5 days.

So I decide to send them an email (on May 12th) asking why haven't they shipped the order, their reply is as follows (they replied on the very same day):

Hello,

we were sold out of the 57A061580

At this moment the delivery is received and the goods is in packing process and will be despatched asap.

Regards

Magdalena

So I think to myself, oh great its only a matter of days now. Wrong. GLS status still hasn't changed so I sent superskoda 2 more mails but haven't gotten any replies to them.

It's now been 16 days without them dispatching goods I paid for and there is no reply from them. I gave them some leniency because of the corona shutdowns, but they outright lied in their only email to me (that they will be shipping the goods within 3-5 days, 8 days ago).

Luckily I paid using Paypal so it seems I will have to rely on paypal refund process (which should be good - dunno, never had to use it until now).

Is there anyone else with similar experiences regarding superskoda? They charge a lot of money for their parts (especially emblems..) but provide poor customer service.. Should I wait few more days?

order.PNG

The email I got stated there would be delays, in fact every email I’ve had from them, informing me of a sale mentions to be patient as there could be delays in posting as they get very busy during sale periods.

I would think in the current situation expecting delays for delivery of anything  is normal.

16427458-82EE-4AA1-A252-99AE9282F590.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R

Still does not explain their reply in which they stated "delivery is received and the goods will be despatched asap" - which was obviously a lie.

Package still hasn't been handed over to GLS for delivery by superskoda.

When companies say the package has been handed over it normally means that it's in their OUTBOX, in other words it's awaiting collection.

And when they say it will be despatched a.s.a.p.  it means As Soon As Possible, it doesn't mean NOW.

I have never dealt with SuperSkoda but to call them liars is way OTT in my opnion, especially in the current climate.

Anyway, what is this post doing in the Karoq thread? It has nothing to do with a Karoq.

4 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

When companies say the package has been handed over it normally means that it's in their OUTBOX, in other words it's awaiting collection.

And when they say it will be despatched a.s.a.p.  it means As Soon As Possible, it doesn't mean NOW.

I have never dealt with SuperSkoda but to call them liars is way OTT in my opnion, especially in the current climate.

Anyway, what is this post doing in the Karoq thread? It has nothing to do with a Karoq.

So you're telling me it's taking GLS 9 days to pickup up goods from Superskoda (even if it says on GLS site "the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS")? Seems far fetched considering in the past 2 months (during the quarantine) I've had several GLS deliveries - 2 from another country (Slovenia) which was also under quarantine and had closed borders, delivered to me within 3 days of purchasing the product from a shop (they had no issues with collection).

Current climate or not, GLS and other delivery services obviously weren't as affected in their day to day operations - or not to any significant degree that would cause delays (cause none of my orders were delayed by more than 2 weeks - all of them were delivered within the same week of making the purchase) .

Also another issue is lack of communication from Superskoda, having only replied to 1 of my mails and ignoring follow up mails.

I do realize all of this might be off topic as this is a customer issue regarding webshop that has nothing to do with this forum, but I wanted to share my experience with this popular shop (as it does get mentioned on this forum and is often linked for various parts by forum users) and I found no other suitable subforum to post this on.

Just something to keep in mind and a warning to maybe consider buyers protection before making any purchases from superskoda.

• Administrators

I expect the terms page has not been updated to keep track of the global pandemic.

last year I ordered stuff and it arrived ahead of schedule.

lots of things I’ve had to order in the last few months on account of being house bound have taken a bit longer than normal.

some have simply not turned up. Mostly down to courier problems.

some of the small traders are one or two people, if they go sick, the business will halt.

id typically extend a few weeks grace, although as mentioned I’m house bound for 12 weeks shielding so I cannot go to the post office to post briskoda orders... so some guys have been waiting a very long time for Stickers... 

I trust the items will eventually arrive for you.

Got a reply yesterday:

Hello,

checked with the store - today handed over to courier

Apologizes for delay in shipping.

Regards

GLS today updated shipment status to: The parcel is on its way to the final parcel center.

Guess its only matter of days now. Mods can close the thread (or keep it alive in case I get wrong parts :D).

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2020 at 09:36, Fux said:

Hello,

First of all apologies for any grammar mistakes - English is not my native language

I made an account to share my experience with popular (and well regarded on this site, from what I've read) superskoda shop:

1) I've been following prices on their site for several months in hopes of discounts/sales - I've sent them mail on 24th of April to ask them if they had any sales planned soon, their reply was: "at this moment we don´t plan any."

A week later boom, there is a site wide sale (1.5 till 4.5.) with 20% discount - to be fair, they might have not planned it a week earlier when they replied to me..

2) So during this sale I purchase 143€ worth of goods and after a day order details change (see attachment picture) to goods dispatched (status is still the same)

I wait a few days but GLS tracking still says:

The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

I check superskoda FAQ on shipping dates where it says:

Q: How long does it take you to ship out my order?

A: Usually it takes about 48 hours to ship your item, which is on stock. When we do not have your item on stock, we ship the goods within 3-5 days.

So I decide to send them an email (on May 12th) asking why haven't they shipped the order, their reply is as follows (they replied on the very same day):

Hello,

we were sold out of the 57A061580

At this moment the delivery is received and the goods is in packing process and will be despatched asap.

Regards

Magdalena

So I think to myself, oh great its only a matter of days now. Wrong. GLS status still hasn't changed so I sent superskoda 2 more mails but haven't gotten any replies to them.

It's now been 16 days without them dispatching goods I paid for and there is no reply from them. I gave them some leniency because of the corona shutdowns, but they outright lied in their only email to me (that they will be shipping the goods within 3-5 days, 8 days ago).

Luckily I paid using Paypal so it seems I will have to rely on paypal refund process (which should be good - dunno, never had to use it until now).

Is there anyone else with similar experiences regarding superskoda? They charge a lot of money for their parts (especially emblems..) but provide poor customer service.. Should I wait few more days?

order.PNG

I ordered some door sill protectors for my Kamiq on 23rd May, and got an email on 25th saying they have been dispatched and got the tracking number. I’ve checked the GLS website everyday and likewise it said that it has been registered on the system but not handed to GLS. Yesterday I thought I’d get in contact just out of curiosity as I never got anything about delays, which I would half expect due to the pandemic. I’ve had a reply this morning saying they actually sold out but expecting a delivery next week. 

Not sure how they can say something has been dispatched if they have sold out of something. Can’t say I’m impressed. Tempted to cancel my order.

• 2 months later...
On 22/05/2020 at 07:25, Fux said:

Got a reply yesterday:

Hello,

checked with the store - today handed over to courier

Apologizes for delay in shipping.

Regards

GLS today updated shipment status to: The parcel is on its way to the final parcel center.

Guess its only matter of days now. Mods can close the thread (or keep it alive in case I get wrong parts :D).

@Fux how long did it take for your items to be delivered??

i have the same issue Superskoda sent an email saying “

your order has now status - DISPATCHED

however if I check the GLS website it says “The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS”
This status has been there since I purchased my items on 29 August.

@GTWaites did you get your items too? How long did it take for them to be delivered?

17 hours ago, Fux said:

It took around 20 days from placing the order on the shop to actually receiving the items (I'm in Croatia)

Thanks @Fux for letting me know. It’s been just 6 days since I ordered. I think I’m spoilt by next day delivery from Amazon Prime. :) I’ll wait for another week and see if any progress. Will update the thread if any updates. 

On 03/09/2020 at 07:00, Padam said:

Thanks @Fux for letting me know. It’s been just 6 days since I ordered. I think I’m spoilt by next day delivery from Amazon Prime. :) I’ll wait for another week and see if any progress. Will update the thread if any updates. 

Update from SuperSkoda 

apololgizes, during the discount we got sold out of the RHD mats. Actually we received delivery from the supplier and the store is working on it to despatch asap.

Regards

Waiting for it to be dispatched :(