Roomster limping

Driving about 35mph in third gear, put my foot down to overtake, at about 45mph there was a bang under the car ( like a stick in wheel arch)  The car lost power and powered up again 3-4 times in 10 seconds, then settled down in limp mode. Curly glow plug light orange, later the pic of an engine light came on  in orange too.

Drove on and a nd parked at home to wait for my favoured garage to come out of lockdown. In the meantime has anyone any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

18 hours ago, b1ackb1rd said:

Boost pipe blown off ?

It would be great if it was something simple. I have no idea where to find the boost pipe. I'll go and look at all pipes in the engine department but if someone coulld indicate where to look I would be very grateful. Thanks for reading. BB

1 hour ago, bryanb said:

It would be great if it was something simple. I have no idea where to find the boost pipe. I'll go and look at all pipes in the engine department but if someone coulld indicate where to look I would be very grateful. Thanks for reading. BB

When this happened to my 1.9tdi Touran BKC the offending plastic pipe was at the bottom n/s of the engine bay, accessed with the tray removed.

Mine sounded like a tank and wouldn't pull the **** off a chocolate mouse

Hopefully that helps

1 hour ago, b1ackb1rd said:

When this happened to my 1.9tdi Touran BKC the offending plastic pipe was at the bottom n/s of the engine bay, accessed with the tray removed.

Mine sounded like a tank and wouldn't pull the **** off a chocolate mouse

Hopefully that helps

Thanks again Blackbird. Mine sounds normal and drives OK except no oomph. Only noise was the initial bang. Presumably your's was noisy as you drove on?

On 20/05/2020 at 19:00, b1ackb1rd said:

Boost pipe blown off ?

Many many thanks B1ackb1rd,  took it to my local garage today, and mentioned your suggestion.  3  hours later  they rang to say it was the boost pipe. Replaced pipe clip, back on the road now. 

Thanks again, I owe you!!  BB

• Like 1