Parking sensors playing up

Hi all, 

Spent a few hours reading through the many other parking sensor problems, which helped me fix my problem. (lost parking display and only got a high pitched tone)

Found the goosed sensor and replaced with a new one bought off ebay, reset the fault code via carista and worked perfectly. Now usually the first time the car is used the sensors are all over the place detecting something that isn't there. But use it again later that day and they work fine. Is this a sign another sensor is on its way out? I've checked they all make the clicking noise when it's quiet at 11pm and have cleaned the sensors. Can't get access to anyone with vcds right now, so kind of stuck with what to do next. 

I have a 2006 1.9 and have replaced all of the rear sensors over the years and sometimes they do give erroneous results despite being clean.

There are no DTCs so I can only attribute the behaviour to non genuine parts and ageing electrics, irritating especially with a towbar, oops!

I had sensor issues and traced to the parking sensor wiring where all 4 sensors wiring goes into one, prior to going into the car, repaired the wiring and all been ok since then, VDC just brought up connection fault.

On 02/06/2020 at 08:56, AJG said:

I had sensor issues and traced to the parking sensor wiring where all 4 sensors wiring goes into one, prior to going into the car, repaired the wiring and all been ok since then, VDC just brought up connection fault.

Handy to know, thanks.