Estate Octavia Petrol

hi everyone, I am new here and seeking of some information, as looking for petrol Estate Octavia second generation. Hunting for family economic car and there is my choice Octavia because of great loading space need it a lot as well. Usually car usage work run 6,5 mile away, grocery similar distance. From time to time a bit longer journey like Doncaster - London/ Scotland. Got confusion as come across two opinion 1.6 vs  1.8 which one would be better if we talking about economical and run cost.

Thanks many for any help advice and suggestions.

kind regards    

@Black8904

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe look at the pinned thread at the top of the Octavia Mk2 section on the 1.8 & 2.0 TSI engine failures.

Avoiding the 1.8 TSI might be a good idea.

I never knew there were 1.6 Petrol Mk2 Octavia in the UK so cant comment. 

A 1.4 TSI might suit your needs.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

I currently drive a 1.4 tsi with 7 speed dsg and it has been the best car I've had.Averageing 45+ mpg on a run and can fit 4 in with a boot full for a holiday no problems. Mine is Elegance trim which has enough toys and is really comfy to drive.No faults in 2 years of ownership. Plenty on auto trader especially if you want a manual,just be prepared to travel to find the right one. Good hunting.