Cruise control retrofit on 2013 skoda octavia Mk3 no computer controls

Hi, unfortunately Skoda no longer sell the cruise control stalks with both trip computer controls and cruise control controls,

These days buy a new cruise control retrofit kit direct from Skoda with an activation code however they no longer sell the version with the onboard computer control switch.

My car has an onboard computer and if possible I might want to come back and revert to the old stalks to control it in the future.

If you were to install and activate cruise control on my car would it be possible to one day revert back to using the old stalk with a trip computer controls but without cruise control or would this trip computer control functionality be lost from the cars coding?

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what year your car is? 

Earlier cars have maxidot control on the wiper stalk, not the indicator/cruise stalk which can be bought separately - but I've seen on ebay that some are sold as an assembly

Hi turns out you can take the old maxidot control wiper stalk from my car and fit it to the new cruise control stalk kit. The programming they do is simply to activate cruise control in the car everything else stays the same.