No air con/ventilation on vRS MK2.

Afternoon

I just popped to the shop and realised that it was feeling hot and the A/C was not working.

I found some threads saying to reset the AC, which I did but still no air coming out of the vents.

Is there anything I could check or try?

Cheers

C

First thing I would say Is it easy to scan the car with diagnostics to see if any errors there? 

Also what if pressing the AC button, does the indication turn on? 

If so, is the belt on position to turn compressor? 

There could be other causes too, but would suggest to start with the above. 

Edited by AkisVH

Thanks a lot.

I have ordered a diagnostic box so hopefully Thanks to amazon, I will be able to see if there is any tonight.

When I press ac or set the temperature, the fan settings leds adjust accordingly; however, absolutely no air is coming out.

If I'm correct, I have highlighted the AC compressor in the attached picture. The belt is on and it is turning normally.

If I put my hand on the blower under the glove box, there is no movement/vibration whatsoever. 

The fuses in the fuse panels are all good.

Is there a way to tell if it's the blower or the controller before it?? Or could it be anything else?

Thanks again

B176E81C-D685-485A-B911-91173972B99F.jpeg

Not sure whether or not the compressor is turned off is for example an error occurs like lost gases or electric failure just for protection issues ... 

Scan the system  and report here furthermore after you can check for gases if it is in the circuit or lost .. 

1 hour ago, Mag7 said:

I also had no aircon, got a leak check done and a recharge (no leaks) good as new now, ice cold. €80 

Did you have some air blowing or was it like dead when it was empty?

6 hours ago, AkisVH said:

Not sure whether or not the compressor is turned off is for example an error occurs like lost gases or electric failure just for protection issues ... 

Scan the system  and report here furthermore after you can check for gases if it is in the circuit or lost .. 

I just done a scan but no error returned. I guess it's positive but it does not help pin pointing the issue.

Heater/ventilator fan (if working) will function normally regardless of whether the aircon is working or not, without refrigeration if temp set to minimum on climatronic then it would run at full speed and not reduce because the temperature would not reduce.

From what you have described your problem is with the fan, does not mean that the aircon is functioning or otherwise.

14 hours ago, J.R. said:

Heater/ventilator fan (if working) will function normally regardless of whether the aircon is working or not, without refrigeration if temp set to minimum on climatronic then it would run at full speed and not reduce because the temperature would not reduce.

From what you have described your problem is with the fan, does not mean that the aircon is functioning or otherwise.

Thanks. I managed to source on ebay a cheap used blower with its resistor so I will try replacing both as I'm not sure which one is broken.

fingers crossed that it will fix it.

Thanks everyone.

I have replaced the blower and resistor and all is a good as new!

The blower is very stiff to turn so I guess it is what died. Is there a way to test the blower and/or the relay? If one of the two is still good, I could resale it or keep it as spare.