Skoda Scala TPMS

Yozanace

Hello!

I am thinking about buying a Scala and was wondering if this specific car uses direct tpms with sensors built in the wheels, or just the indirect ones where ABS helps calculate a possible loss of air. It is quite important to know before purchase as they sell the car with summer tires solely and up till now I found no info on this issue yet. Thank you in advance!

Indirect AFAIK.  Coming from ford I’m quite glad as I’ve had issues with the in wheel sensors before.  Only takes a tyre fitter to be a bit gung ho or getting a bit too acquainted  with a kerb to cause a headache!  

Does it make a difference with winter tyres?  When you change the pressure you simply reset the system in the “car” settings menu.  I’m sure plenty of people in the Czech Republic and elsewhere in Europe run winter tyres (and maybe even snow chains) at least part of the year without issue.

Edited by Tarby
  • Like 1

I guess, for everyday users, there is not much difference in your driving experience, at least not something that would need electronic re-setting. Especially if you plan to fit the same size wheel for winter use as you use in summer. I am glad it is the more simple system this Skoda uses, as it is cheaper to change wheels and as Tarby said there might be some issues with a sensor based tpms.

• Confused 1

The 'Winter Tyres fitted warning'  is for the countries where if Winter Tyres are fitted you need a sticker to warn drivers of the Max Speed or a warning on the car.

Nothing to do with TPMS.

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 20.17.12.png

maxdot.jpg.1b0385dfcf838ca86171dcbf8a59d091.jpg

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 1