Rear Seats

Anyone know if the estate rear seat backs fold flat as they did beautifully on the Mk 2 (yes I know there's a step, but do they go horizontal?)

Also, do the seat bases fold forward against the front seat backs, or indeed even come out?

Thanks

If the estate is like the hatchback, no. The rear seatbacks simply fold down onto the seat squabs, are not flat and have a big step. I wish they would come out for bigger loads. 

On 04/07/2020 at 18:07, Fab 1 said:

Anyone know if the estate rear seat backs fold flat as they did beautifully on the Mk 2 (yes I know there's a step, but do they go horizontal?)

Also, do the seat bases fold forward against the front seat backs, or indeed even come out?

Thanks

• Like 1

So, my impression is those that say no haven't investigated, and just take the handbook/dealer's word for it. I'd love to hear if someone's succeeded, before I commit to buying a Mark 3.

I don't know if this has changed on more recent models, but certainly on my 2015 SE-L Estate the answer is "yes" on all three counts. The seat bases do fold forwards (with a slight step), and can be removed altogether. Having done that, the rear seat backs do fold flat (I find it helps to remove the headrests first). I should add, I do have the variable boot floor (for the dog!).

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 23.20.53.png

Edited by macsmurf