Variable Boot Floor

Hi all, collecting my used (1 owner) SE-L from a dealer on Monday. Looking forward to it! One thing I'm definitely after is the Variable Boot Floor. I've looked around on the internet and can't find anywhere which seems to sell it... my next step was to contact a Skoda dealership but thought I should post here in case anyone has any suggestions!

On 16/07/2020 at 22:21, GrowlingDog said:

Is it not already in the car.  Seems an odd thing to be missing.

I'm fairly sure it's an optional extra which isn't fitted on this car.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for this as well. It is an optional extra, and I forgot it when ordering. I Can not find an original after market on this. So I think, if the car isn’t made with it, then it’s just to bad.

1 minute ago, fum said:

I have been looking for this as well. It is an optional extra, and I forgot it when ordering. I Can not find an original after market on this. So I think, if the car isn’t made with it, then it’s just to bad.

I've come to the same conclusion myself, however I've talked to a few dealers who are looking into whether there is a potential aftermarket option...

Easy to modify a scrapyard one from an Octavia 1 where most specs had them as standard, the boot widths seem to be very constant across Skodas, I have modified MK 1 ones to fit a MK2 and a Yeti.

Basic DIY & carpentry skills needed, nothing more.

On another thread there is discussion on boot volumes, I suspect the variofloors are always an option now so as to quote a larger boot volume which people use to compare vehicles.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Easy to modify a scrapyard one from an Octavia 1 where most specs had them as standard, the boot widths seem to be very constant across Skodas, I have modified MK 1 ones to fit a MK2 and a Yeti.

Basic DIY & carpentry skills needed, nothing more.

On another thread there is discussion on boot volumes, I suspect the variofloors are always an option now so as to quote a larger boot volume which people use to compare vehicles.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it!

31 minutes ago, Tarby said:

Factory option afaik. Perhaps you could find someone to make you something up?

I've been looking into it, but not very hard. A job for next week...

But the original is variable, and the fittings in the side of the car is missing if not ordered 'ab factory'. So if you do one yourself, it'll be something with some wood underneath for holding the plate up. Not very userfriendly.

• 11 months later...

They have the Kamiq version for sale here:

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/original-skoda-kamiq-variabler-ladeboden-kofferraum-nachruestung-gepaeckraum-anthrazit

I'm sure there is a Scala version available.

I can get you the part numbers (I think) for 1x loading floor, 1x cover, 1x mounting bracket left + right, 1x trunk trim left + right, 2x lashing eyelet and 4x mounting screws.

You might be able to do away with the left and right trunk trim and just cut holes in your existing trim.

658861411WR9.jpg

I think yes... Right and Left trim is not necessary in my opinion 

The code for the boot floor is: 657861411 WR9

(https://www.oemvwshop.com/657861411-wr9-luggage-compartment-floor-for-vehicles-with-higher-cargo-platform-anthracite-p2281961/)

Screw: N 10757701

Left and right bracket must be the same as kamiq... but i am not sure.

Codes:

657864511 9B9

657864512 9B9

I order it by mistake because there is a one digit difference with the kamiq one and i don't know what to do with it :P 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...