Why did they defign the a/c to only go down to 18 degrees?

This seems too warm too me, I'd like it down to 13 or 14, on a sunny day with the sun burning down through the windows, 18 degrees doesn't help much.

I'm new to a/c so I'm assuming I have this right.

Doesn't it go to 18 degrees then blue/low? Turn the dial all the way to blue and you should get 4 to 6 degrees coming out of the vents. No scope for a temperature between that and 18.

Edited by leginegdoh
missed word.

So I just turn to blue, press the a/c button and turn the fan on and that's it?

It was a cheap second hand car so it's possible it's not even working even though the red LED comes on when you press the a/c but it doesn't feel cooler.

No unless you have been trained on it. Loads of non dealer garages can do re gases plus places like Kwik Fit just be careful as some places will rip you  off saying parts need replacing although the A/C dryer is a common one that has to be renewed. Quick half hour on the net should find you someone local.

Turning it all the way to blue basically just provides maximum cooling and just blasts out the coldest air possible. So it should get the temperature down lower than 18c.

Pressing the re-circulate button also boosts cooling capacity since it then re-cools the already cooled air rather than having to constantly cool the warm air from outside the car.

• Like 1