my ride on 17``

I would say 7' date='5 to 8 seconds too.

In the video car starts to move at 2.5s marker.

With 17" 205-215/40, 100km/h is bout 104km/h on the speedometer (measured in my own car with GPS), because of the angle of the camera, when the speedo shows about 106-107km/h its actually at 104km/h.

In the video 106km/h is at 10+ second marker.

(10+)s - 2.5s = (7,5+)seconds, video doesn`t lie :P[/quote']

i think thats bullsh.t because you have to start to push it ,when the kph start to move not the rmp?how do you know ecxactly when the car started to move??and you are right about the speed on the 17`.the speedo shows little bit more.

With 17" 215/40' date=' 100km/h is bout 104km/h on the speedometer when the speedo shows about 106-107km/h its actually at 104km/h.

[/quote']

listen i tryed it on mine too with my friend and he was going 120kph me too and i was faster,so dont tell me that the speedo shows more,its show less then you really drive.

so if you go 120 on the speedo you go 123-125!!!!!!:cool:

listen i tryed it on mine too with my friend and he was going 120kph me too and i was faster' date='so dont tell me that the speedo shows more,its show less then you really drive.

so if you go 120 on the speedo you go 123-125!!!!!!:cool:[/quote']

Car starts to accelerate when the speedo starts to move.

You think that your little test is more accurate then a GPS? dont think so. Maybe your friend car went 110km/h and yours 115km/h while you both had 120km/h on your speedos.

My Skoda Fabia 1.4 16V 205/40 17", speedo 104km/h, actual speed: 100km/h. Tested with GPS navigator. 4% difference.

My Skoda Fabia 1.4 16V 175/65 14", speedo 107km/h, actual speed: 100km/h. Tested with GPS navigator. 7% difference.

In the video your speedo starts to move at 2,5s marker (watched it frame by frame and in slowmotion), this is when your car starts to accelerate.

Your speedo reaches 100km/h late 9second marker, 0-100kmh on the speedo takes about 7 seconds, but your car is moving only 96km/h at that moment. When your speedo gets up to 104 it has almost gone 7,5seconds, closer to 8s.

Conclusion: not 6,7s, closer to 8s

Car starts to accelerate when the speedo starts to move.

You think that your little test is more accurate then a GPS? dont think so. Maybe your friend car went 110km/h and yours 115km/h while you both had 120km/h on your speedos.

My Skoda Fabia 1.4 16V 205/40 17"' date=' speedo 104km/h, actual speed: 100km/h. Tested with GPS navigator. 4% difference.

Your speedo reaches 100km/h late 9second marker, 0-100kmh on the speedo takes about 7 seconds, but your car is moving only 96km/h at that moment. When your speedo gets up to 104 it has almost gone 7,5seconds, closer to 8s.

[/quote']

ok my friend has the same car like i do,just with regular wheels and size i have 215/40r17 and we went next to each other and 120kmh and i was giving it to him i was maybe 4or 5 kph faster.ok thats different story .

i dont wanna make from my car porsche or m5 or something like that.i watched it in slow motion like you mentioned and the speedo started to move at 3100rmp,so i dont know how you watched it,ok never mind.

and made it 6 times just just to measure it in slowmotion and it was 6,8.and listen i dont want lie to you or to other guys it just like this and thats it.if i would like to you i would lie to myselft too wouldnt i?i dont want it i want to be honest.

ok my friend has the same car like i do,just with regular wheels and size i have 215/40r17 and we went next to each other and 120kmh and i was giving it to him i was maybe 4or 5 kph faster.

OK

speedo started to move at 3100rmp
Yes, and the time on the video at that moment is 2,5seconds. Timing starts.
and made it 6 times just just to measure it in slowmotion and it was 6,8

3100rpm and 0km/h timing starts. (in the video, 2,5s marker)

~5,5 seconds, speedo is somewhere around 80km/h (in the video, 7,5s marker)

~6,8 seconds, speedo is somewhere around 98-99km/h (in the video, 8.8s marker)

~7,5 seconds, speedo is somewhere around 104km/h (100km/h real speed). (in the video, 10s marker)

So your car takes 7,5seconds from 0-100km/h?

But if you say its 6,8s its okay. Me and couple of others guys here say its closer to 7,5seconds.

No hard feelings :)

In my car it still takes bout 11s from 0-100km/h :P

OK

Yes, and the time on the video at that moment is 2,5seconds. Timing starts.

yes you right

in mine its right at 80 and its 7,27

at 100 im right at 9.32

~7,5 seconds, speedo is somewhere around 104km/h (100km/h real speed). (in the video, 10s marker)

i know i dont have gps the gps could be not 100% too,but i was stoping the time on my speedo from 0-100 and not real gps or i dont know what else.

in your measures in mine it takes 6.8

But if you say its 6,8s its okay. Me and couple of others guys here say its closer to 7,5seconds.

but im talking to you not to others guys,

and what do you say in my time on 0-400m 15,2 sec. measuer by TAG HEUER TIMING on BRNO CIRCIUT IN CZECH REPUBLIC

In my car it still takes bout 11s from 0-100km/h

BLUE IS MY ANSWER

OK

Yes' date=' and the time on the video at that moment is 2,5seconds. Timing starts.

yes you right

in mine its right at 80 and its 7,27

at 100 im right at 9.32

i know i dont have gps the gps could be not 100% too,but i was stoping the time on my speedo from 0-100 and not real gps or i dont know what else.

in your measures in mine it takes 6.8

but im talking to you not to others guys,

and what do you say in my time on 0-400m 15,2 sec. measuer by TAG HEUER TIMING on BRNO CIRCIUT IN CZECH REPUBLIC

In my car it still takes bout 11s from 0-100km/h

BLUE IS MY ANSWER

and i forgot count 9.33 - 2.5 and the answer is===6.83

:thumbup:

Let`s say it this way' date=' GPS (global positioning system) is very,very accurate.

Friends old vw golf vr6 174hp did it in 15,4 (official time) and it did 0-100km/h in ~7,5s. :thumbup:[/quote']

ok so just for you im saing 6,8 you 7,5 (but i dont know how you get this number) so the middle is 7,15 sec.happy.you can sleep well now.

was good talking to you ,

bey

guys...come on..

i have 15' wheels on my car. the rolling radius is larger than it should be, it therefore covers more ground per single rotation of the axle. THEREFORE......the speedo will show slower than the actual speed of the car.....

think about it

i know this to be true, as i was nearly caught speeding because of it THANK YOU ALL!!!

guys...come on..

i have 15' wheels on my car. the rolling radius is larger than it should be' date=' it therefore covers more ground per single rotation of the axle. THEREFORE......the speedo will show slower than the actual speed of the car.....

think about it

i know this to be true, as i was nearly caught speeding because of it THANK YOU ALL!!![/quote']

hi

finnally somebody who tells the same like i do,

im saying this all the time,

you right (sorry we are right):D

bey

Where are the facts? all your telling me is talk,talk,talk, no facts!

Here are my facts:

Fact 1. 205/40 17", When GPS shows that my car is moving at 100km/h speedometer shows 104km/h. 4% difference.

Accuracy of GPS meter is +-0,2m/s ( +-0,72km/h). (Based on accuracy of sps (standard positioning system)

I also have tires with larger rolling radius and and the speedo is still showing 4% difference with GPS. Original 185/60 14" vs. 205/40 17". Difference in rolling radius causes the speedometer to show 4km/h more then with original tires but still speedometer shows 4% less then true speed. With original tires the difference would be 8%!!! (speedo shows 100km/h but actually you are moving at 92km/h)

Fact 2. The European regulation, ECE-R 39, is more concise, stating essentially that the speed indicated must never be lower than the true speed or higher by more than one-tenth of true speed plus four kilometers per hour (79.5 mph at a true 70). Never low. Not even if somebody swaps a big set of 285/35R-18s for stock 255/45R-16s. Difference between these to tires would be -4km/h in the speedometer.

This means that in all european cars speedometer shows more then your actual speed!!! Even if you have changed bigger tyres!!!

Nearly all speedometers are controlled electronically. Typically, they are driven by either the vehicle's wheel-speed sensors or, more commonly, by a "variable reluctance magnetic sensor" reading the speed of the passing teeth on a gear in the transmission. The sine-wave signal generated is converted to speed by a computer, and a stepper motor moves the needle with digital accuracy.

Because of this it is very easy to set speedometer to show more speed then you are actually moving.

i have 15' wheels on my car. the rolling radius is larger than it should be, it therefore covers more ground per single rotation of the axle. THEREFORE......[b']the speedo will show slower than the actual speed of the car.....[/b]

Read fact No. 2

i know this to be true, as i was nearly caught speeding because of it

So you must be right :eek: Did they stop you and tell you how fast you were going? Did you watch the speedometer all the time so that you can say for sure that you didn`t drive faster then you think? To me this doesn`t sound like a fact that your speedo shows less then your actual speed.

hi

finnally somebody who tells the same like i do' date='

im saying this all the time,

you right (sorry we are right)[/quote']

Someone with no facts agrees with you and therefore that is the truth? dont think so. I you read my post you must agree that the facts are on my side and your speedo is very likely to show more then your actual speed? Do you agree with me?

Hey!

I'm seeing myself arguing with Gooch and a bunch of other briskies in this thread...Dino, you're me! And funny enough, Dino is my brother's name!

there are SO MANY VARIABLES IN THIS!!!!!

speedo has a accuracy of plus or minus 10% (thats why speed cameras are set at plus 10% because they have to account for this!!)

if your tires are slightly low or high there is a difference

IT IS DEFINATE FACT, that if your rolling radius is larger than it should be, your speedo will show a slower than your are actually going. end of!!

i don't give a flying monkey bout your gps

Hey!

I'm seeing myself arguing with Gooch and a bunch of other briskies in this thread...Dino' date=' you're me! And funny enough, Dino is my brother's name![/quote']

hi

who is gooch?haha you think im funny?

:thumbup:

Where are the facts? all your telling me is talk' date='talk,talk, no facts!

Here are my facts:

[b']Fact 1.[/b] 205/40 17", When GPS shows that my car is moving at 100km/h speedometer shows 104km/h. 4% difference.

Accuracy of GPS meter is +-0,2m/s ( +-0,72km/h). (Based on accuracy of sps (standard positioning system)

I also have tires with larger rolling radius and and the speedo is still showing 4% difference with GPS. Original 185/60 14" vs. 205/40 17". Difference in rolling radius causes the speedometer to show 4km/h more then with original tires but still speedometer shows 4% less then true speed. With original tires the difference would be 8%!!! (speedo shows 100km/h but actually you are moving at 92km/h)

Fact 2. The European regulation, ECE-R 39, is more concise, stating essentially that the speed indicated must never be lower than the true speed or higher by more than one-tenth of true speed plus four kilometers per hour (79.5 mph at a true 70). Never low. Not even if somebody swaps a big set of 285/35R-18s for stock 255/45R-16s. Difference between these to tires would be -4km/h in the speedometer.

QUOTE]

haha i cant believe ,what r u saing.

but you are telling me the same thing like i am.

ok so when im going 100 kph im going 104kph on gps (realistic)

so thats even better for me,cuz you have to stop my time not at 100kph but at 96kph,did you get it,i will have even better time than i measured not 6,8 but 6,6 maybe.

my rolling radius is bigger than yours i wearing 215s.