Superb Sportline Engine options in Ireland

On 09/08/2020 at 10:48, MaddicIrl said:

@AJAMESR go for it!! Getting a car like this in Ireland is only going to get more difficult so jump while you can. I would definitely try and go facelift but I think €41,5k is a bit pricey, the other one you linked in the Octavia tread would be about €38k cleared and is actually has a quite a lot of extras, canton, blind spot, etc. Can't make my mind up on the meteor grey though, looks good in pics but I didn't fancy it as much on a Kodiaq or Karoq in the flesh, the superb design though lends itself well to all colours.

Maybe wait till Sept, you should have the news regarding Octavia's, etc and with the change in plates in the UK, I am hoping for a much bigger secondhand selection.

BTW I got an insurance quote for a 272 and it was over €100 cheaper than my 190tdi, benefit of being rare I guess but that can work the other way too depending on insurance company.

Also just got an insurance quote back today for a 2019 Sportline 272 Auto - I gave them an english reg to quote on. And like you, it will be about 50E cheaper than my current 187 VRS Manual. 

I asked the broker to double check it - she rang back 10 min later and said yehh thats correct. She said value doesn't really impact on insurance much, so coming up 3 years to a higher spec car doesn't really make a dent and possibly it being Auto compared to Manual and because it has more advanced safety features it all prob adds up to a safer car - despite the fact that it has 100bhp more than what I have. 

I bet that if I got a remap done on my VRS and declared it I'd get hammered 🙂

Anyway - surprising, but true. 

8 minutes ago, AJAMESR said:

Also just got an insurance quote back today for a 2019 Sportline 272 Auto - I gave them an english reg to quote on. And like you, it will be about 50E cheaper than my current 187 VRS Manual. 

I asked the broker to double check it - she rang back 10 min later and said yehh thats correct. She said value doesn't really impact on insurance much, so coming up 3 years to a higher spec car doesn't really make a dent and possibly it being Auto compared to Manual and because it has more advanced safety features it all prob adds up to a safer car - despite the fact that it has 100bhp more than what I have. 

I bet that if I got a remap done on my VRS and declared it I'd get hammered 🙂

Anyway - surprising, but true. 

My 360bhp stage 1 Superb 272 insurance went down around £50 compared to my 2017 Vrs245 (stage 2 with 336bhp) and I was surprised to as the Superb accelerates much faster than the Octavia despite being heavier (thank the 4WD traction).

• Thanks 1

@shyVRS245 a little off topic - but you might know. Why do some of the Sportlines have the Skoda writing (on the 2019 facelifts) on the back in black and some have it in silver? I thought it might be the Phev's that had the black but that doesn't seem to be the case on some of the pics I've seen. 

Also some of the L&K's have contrast stitching on the seats and some have the stitching in the same colour of the seats. 

I can't seem to find any reason for why on some and not on others - can't be just luck of the draw. 

Anyone know? 

@AJAMESR I believe the black lettering is a factory option. Possibly Superskoda sell them for after market or Plastidip may be an option.

Pleasant surprise when you get a cheaper quote for a more powerful car, doesn’t happen often! I know they used to rate cars based on value and number claims of per model but don’t know if that’s still the case, makes sense though as the 272 is rare here with very responsible owners I’m sure 😋

Just now, MaddicIrl said:

@AJAMESR I believe the black lettering is a factory option. Possibly Superskoda sell them for after market or Plastidip may be an option.

Pleasant surprise when you get a cheaper quote for a more powerful car, doesn’t happen often! I know they used to rate cars based on value and number claims of per model but don’t know if that’s still the case, makes sense though as the 272 is rare here with very responsible owners I’m sure 😋

Black lettering on the back of Sportline models became standard with the facelift Superb launched around September 2019 in the UK (69 plates over here in UK).

37 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Black lettering on the back of Sportline models became standard with the facelift Superb launched around September 2019 in the UK (69 plates over here in UK).

I thought that as well - but SKODA lettering only appeared on the face lift didn’t it? Before that it was the badge. So any SPORTLINE Facelift should have black lettering - yet I’m looking at loads online that have silver lettering on the SPORTLINE. 

• Confused 1