Folding door mirrors

I am slightly embarrassed to find that my car has folding door mirrors, having owned it for 3 years! It's a CR 170 Elegance estate on a 64 plate.

A few weeks ago my son pointed out that I could lower the windows remotely - not a feature I had felt any need for. However, in the current heat, I decided to use it to try and keep the car a bit cooler. By mistake I pressed and held the lock button and was surprised to see the mirrors fold after a few seconds.

Please can anyone advise whether this a standard feature for my model or does it mean it has been tweaked with VCDS or similar?

My S2 elegance estate also does the full open windows with open button and total closure windows and fold mirrors with lock button held. Think this has been a VAG group feature for decades. Folding mirrors are new to me so can’t confirm how long that’s been a thing. Our 2013 Leon also folds mirrors ok lock hold. I do notice with envy some cars automatically fold mirrors on lock without the need to hold buttons. Then again I only fold mirrors where I feel there is a risk of then being clipped 

Thanks for the replies.

Good to know it is a standard feature so my car has not been tweaked.

Gav: yes, later VW cars fold their mirrors on locking, if my Golf is any example. It's a feature I like as it's an instant check that the car is locked.

• Like 1