Superb III Virtual cockpit retrofit

Hey, guys. I need you help :)

I am planning to retrofit my 2018 Skoda Superb 280 with a nice virtual cockpit.

Can someone who has done it tell me 100% sure what I need?

The virtual cockpit (3V0920790A) - does it have to be new? Some people say it doesn't....

The new buttons with the view option - there are 2 models - 3V0919719G and 3V0919719H - my steering wheel is heated, and I would also like to install paddle shifters - is it possible on the heated steering?

The optic fibre cable to connect the new cockpit

Is there anything else? I would like to be sure before I start ordering parts...

Thanks in advance!

I done it and I can tell you it’s not a DIY job. You need someone with access to ODIS - that’s the most important thing after the VC itself. 

If you have a canton sound system you will need an optical splitter from one to two connections. 

Also, you need a new trim between the VC and steering wheel due to the VC lower body design is different to the analogue dials (the existing one won’t fit) 

Edited by New2018

Thanks for your reply.

I am not planning on carrying out this job by myself, I just want to be sure I have all the parts before starting.

By any chance, do you happen to know the codes for the parts? I'm talking about the trim and the optical splitter.

Also, regarding the steering wheel buttons, what's the difference between the 2 above?

Thanks again!

If have canton sound system you will this: 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/333114505827

The main optical cable I used was: 

AU $17.29  19% Off | Most optical fiber Install wire For liquid Crystal Virtual Cluster For VolksWagen Golf Passat B8 TIGUAN For A4 A5 B9 8W Q5 Q7
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dVtTq4w

For the trim part I don’t have the part number sorry. The dealer could help.

On the steering I kept my original MY16, so not sure on that.

Edited by New2018

The trim part for my car was 3V0857053ANF8.

Apparently the “NF8” part should be the colour code corresponding to the vehicle, so it would be wise to check that with a dealership. It might get you in the right direction, though.

The steering wheel with VIEW button shouldn’t strictly speaking be necessary. On my car, before I replaced the steering wheel with a Sportline steering wheel (with VIEW button), I could change the view on the VC by clicking the thumb wheel on the right hand side of the steering wheel. When I replaced the steering wheel, no recoding was required, so I assume (dangerous word) this is something the car checks.  That being said, the “proper” way is a bit more intuitive.

I have had the retrofit done and, even though I didn’t order all the parts myself, most of them were ordered by the guy who carried out the actual retrofit, I think you have everything listed there.

As far as I know, the mileage displayed in the VC unit can only be adjusted if it’s below 100km. Whether that translates to 62miles or not, I don’t know. If you buy a VC unit with a higher mileage than this, adjusting it is no longer possible.

Edited by kriva