2019 Petrol VRS losing coolant

My car is booked in to be checked over due to gradual coolant loss and the associated warning light coming on.

Having scanned the forum I see a few bits and pieces about earlier tdi's and some tsi's suffering from water pump problems ) leaks but I don't see so much about newer cars.

Mine is only 14 months old and with 11k miles so am I just unlucky or are even the later models prone to problems with coolant loss?

Once these seemingly fairly common leaks are sorted do they remain something the cars are prone to or should a fix remedy whatever inherent weakness might be present in the design or parts? 

Cheers

My 2017 VRS 169 facelift with 24K kilometres started losing coolant a month or so ago and now needs to be topped up from under minimum to maximum every fortnight whilst not doing a lot of k's. It is going in for service/check up tomorrow and I am hopeful that it is just a loose water hose but we will see. Last week my powered drivers seat stopped functioning so that is getting looked at as well. Will let you know the verdict on the coolant issue.

Edited by puhleese
correction

Pleased to hear that for you. Unfortunately my MY18 VRS seems to have the old pump problem.

It is leaking from the thermostat and has to be replaced. And my driver seat has to have the seat module replaced.