My new Skoda Kamiq

Chris01277

Hello everyone,

after three Skoda Octavia Combi RS 2.0 TDI DSG I now switched to Kamiq Monte Carlo 1.5 TSI DSG.  In retirement, I no longer need such large cars, which I needed as an IT freelancer touring all over Germany, Austria and Switzerland. 

I'm quite happy with the change, especially since I've fond all the nice electronic helpers from the Octavia in Kamiq. However, I still find some rough edges in the Kamiq's software. It's a shame that I can't use Android Auto wirelessly with my mobile phone, but I'm hoping for an update. The rough edges consist in the fact that the login is sometimes carried out without any messages or inquiries, but sometimes asked for the main user to be deleted or the connection to be used. It is also annoying that the phone favorites disappear each time the car is started. the Kamiq.  However, I still find some rough edges in the Kamiq's software.  It's a shame that I can't use Android Auto wirelessly with my mobile phone, but I'm hoping for an update.  The rough edges consist in the fact that the login is sometimes carried out without any messages or inquiries, but sometimes asked for the main user to be deleted or the connection to be used.  It is also annoying that the phone favorites disappear each time the car is started. 

Chris from Dresden, Germany 

The user set up system is poor. Will not let me set up my better half as a user. My Octavia did easily via the keys. If I protect my settings with a pin then it asks for it all the time. Bloody nuisance, so I unset  the pin.

Phone favourites stay set ok though.

I just feel the system needs a bit of refinement.

The move to having fewer buttons is not necessarily a good thing. 

But enjoying the car even after 3 Octavias 👍

Hi fergiet,

It's nice that you don't mind my mistake in double sentences. But I didn't notice I pressed insert twice. 

Despite the annoying mistakes, I won't let the fun of the Kamiq be taken away.

Chris

Hey zoharin,

I'm using Bolero. I made a conscious decision against an integrated navi.  In the Octavia, however, the Columbus was essential for me.  However, I had good experiences with Android Auto and OSMAND + on my last visit to US.  In the rental car, of course, I had to use it with my tablet without being connected to the car.  In my daughter's chevy, however, i could see how it works with the a connection to the car's head system.  In this respect, I trusted Skoda's promise.  I hope for software updates now, of course.

Chris

Hey zoharin,

I'm using Bolero. I made a conscious decision against an integrated navi.  In the Octavia, however, the Columbus was essential for me.  However, I had good experiences with Android Auto and OSMAND + on my last visit to US.  In the rental car, of course, I had to use it with my tablet without being connected to the car.  In my daughter's chevy, however, i could see how it works with the a connection to the car's head system.  In this respect, I trusted Skoda's promise.  I hope for software updates now, of course.

Chris

Hallo zoharin, 

ups, why my post appears twice? I've to study the function of forum software. 

I've to declare the vanishing phone favorites. If I define them everything seems to be ok. But when I start the engine next time no favorites appear. I've to define them once again. 

Chris

3 hours ago, Chris01277 said:

Hallo zoharin, 

ups, why my post appears twice? I've to study the function of forum software. 

I've to declare the vanishing phone favorites. If I define them everything seems to be ok. But when I start the engine next time no favorites appear. I've to define them once again. 

Chris

Did you enable export of contacts in the phone. I'm an iPhone user and could not add favourites until I enabled this option in the phone.

3 hours ago, Chris01277 said:

Hey zoharin,

Chris

I'm also using Bolero. Do you have the WLAN option enabled in the head unit?  The user manual refers to WLAN when explaining about wireless Android Auto/CarPlay. It looks like the head unit should support it but I do not see it in my car. I really hope Skoda will enable it in a future update although from my experience with the Fabia, software updates are scarce. 

Hi zoharin, 

I've actvated WLAN hotspot but neither my Huawei phone (Android 10, which is the recent version) nor my tablet (Android 9) or my  notebook (windows 10) are able to see the hotspot. All devices are able to communicate in the 2.4 and 5 GHz band. I've never ever seen such an effect. But all the mobile devices aren't shown in the compatibility list issued by Skoda. I'll testing my wife's Samsung phone which is contained in the compatibility list. 

Chris 

11 hours ago, Chris01277 said:

Hi zoharin, 

I've actvated WLAN hotspot but neither my Huawei phone (Android 10, which is the recent version) nor my tablet (Android 9) or my  notebook (windows 10) are able to see the hotspot. All devices are able to communicate in the 2.4 and 5 GHz band. I've never ever seen such an effect. But all the mobile devices aren't shown in the compatibility list issued by Skoda. I'll testing my wife's Samsung phone which is contained in the compatibility list. 

Chris 

Hey Chris can you send me the exact model number of your head unit ? It appears in the System information in the Setting option. I referring to Device part number. A screen shot may be even better. I'm investigating the wireless issues related.

Mine is 654035869B. I have do not the WLAN option enabled.

Thanks, Zohar

Hi Zohar, 

I hope you and your loved ones are well.  In our news, reports about high numbers of corona cases in Israel are being reported again.

I would be happy to send you the information you want about the Bolero head system in my Kamiq.  I chose the system with the wireless connection to android auto or apple car option.  The wireless connection requires the WLAN, as the transmission rate of Bluetooth is not sufficient.

Christian Raabe aka. Chris 

Office Lens 01.jpg

Office Lens 02.jpg

Office Lens 03.jpg

Hi Chris,

It's probably a phone compatibility iassue.

Your head unit is should support wireless android-auto or CarPlay.

Best

Edited by zoharin

43 minutes ago, zoharin said:

Hi Chris,

It's probably a phone compatibility iassue.

Your head unit is should support wireless android-auto or CarPlay.

Best

Yes, you're right, zoharin, 

but they must use a whitelist to select all other phones not tested positive out. 

Chri