17 inch Camelot or Rays..

1981miked

Picked up a 2016 Fabia se estate a couple of weeks ago and the 15” alloys just aren’t filling the arches enough. Was originally thinking 16’s but then saw a Fabia on some 17” Camelot wheels and thought it looked great. Searched high and low for some second hand ones but no avail. Spied a nice set of 17” Vrs wheels. Anybody running them on an estate? Also planning to drop the suspension a bit aswell, nothing drastic, maybe 20mm front and 30mm rear. Will this cause clearance issues? 

I sold Black Gigaro's with 205/40 R17 tyres from a Mk2 Fabia vRS to a member and he had them on Mk3 Fabia estate.

I will look and see where the pics are he posted.

I ran my Mk2's fitted with 205/45R 17's or 215/40 R 17's.

The ones with 205/40R 17's fitted were sets i had after people changed their wheels and tyres for Audi wheels or aftermarkets.

EDIT.

Here it is at standard height.  No idea if he did lower the car.

Still not filling the arches as the circumference is much the same be it 15", 16" or 17" rims with the correct profile tyres.

There is a thread in the Mk3 Section with 'Modifications' and plenty pictures.

image.jpg.f0ddf7c9df260a73d08f76c3dd8a5f80.jpg

image.jpg.85bee1499bcef0c3e249d2cdbddaf8ef.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

Thanks for the reply mate. I was looking at circumference numbers today and they are very similar. Looking at pictures online and it looks like 17’s fill the arches but in the pic you posted there is still a huge arch gap and it is definitely sitting higher. Maybe 16’s and a drop is the way to go?