Help.. Engine light on

hi, my engine management light has come on. I have a dtuk fsr+ box on running on map 2+1. I've tried putting the blanking plug on but light remains on. Car seems to drive fine but from what I found usually its the epc light that  comes on not the engine light, and that it goes when blanking plug put on the box? Really worried engine is fooked... Any help of things to try appreciated

20200911_124923.jpg

• tinman80 changed the title to Help.. Engine light on

Would a scan tell me whether the box was causing the issue or something more sinister? Or is it a case of wiping the code, removing the box and seeing if the light comes back on? If it's going to be something that happens regularly (if it is the box, fingers crossed) then I'll get shot. Shame as my mileage has improved quite nicely since changing to map 2 but that gain would be wiped out by having to pay to get the code removed all the time!

Found this on their site, hoping it proves to be true, although vague on how many full ecu power downs you need to do....

"Engine Management Light?!
If you do see an engine light, don’t worry this is your engine telling you that you’re being “greedy” so please don’t panic! If the system is turned down the light will either go out straight away, or after a certain number of full ecu power downs. (A “full ECU power down” means starting your vehicle, switching it off, locking it, walking away for around 20-30 minutes)."

It depends on what the code is, if its a sensor thats normally associated with the ones that get fooled by the box then it might not come back with a less aggressive profile set on the box. Some have reported that the errors keep coming back. 

I dont know about driving it to reset it, I dont have any experience. Again if its a serious fault not caused by the box then there could be implications. Someone with more experience will be able to help you there

If you are happy to plug in a tuning box then why not get a code reader.  OBDeleven is a good choice but there are many out there that dont cost a load and you'll get the outlay back in no if you traditionally pay a garage to clear codes.  

• Like 1