Help needed with front carrier bolts

Jakedunn96

Hello all, first post here. 
recently had my front brakes done and noticed that the front carrier bolts that bolt into the hub are a bit worse for ware so does anyone know what the correct size bolts that are needed to replace them? 

To be honest, I've always just gone to a VW Group dealership and got them to order in the correct parts, I seem to remember that the bolts that VW Group use to secure brake callipers, have a built in "locking" element on the flanged bolt heads, so as I've always only replaced discs at a reasonable age of any cars, I've ordered in new bolts when planning to replace the discs, for me, that makes good sense.

If I remember to look for part numbers, I'll update this posting.

Edit:- part seems to be N 907 085 04 which is an M12 X 1.5 X 35mm flange head bolt.

Edited by rum4mo

55 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

To be honest, I've always just gone to a VW Group dealership and got them to order in the correct parts, I seem to remember that the bolts that VW Group use to secure brake callipers, have a built in "locking" element on the flanged bolt heads, so as I've always only replaced discs at a reasonable age of any cars, I've ordered in new bolts when planning to replace the discs, for me, that makes good sense.

If I remember to look for part numbers, I'll update this posting.

Edit:- part seems to be N 907 085 04 which is an M12 X 1.5 X 35mm flange head bolt.

Didn’t realise it was Needing new Bolts until it was all back together if only I’d known. 
thank you for the information though, helped me out a lot with the right bolt size. Appreciate it. 

5 minutes ago, Jakedunn96 said:

Didn’t realise it was Needing new Bolts until it was all back together if only I’d known. 
thank you for the information though, helped me out a lot with the right bolt size. Appreciate it. 

I think that in this case, it is just personal preference, maybe like you, I did not like the look of the old bolt due to the "grippy bits" being flattened down a lot and the risk that fitting a socket on the end of these bolts in a few more years time might not be too easy, maybe worse for the rear calliper carriers as they have an internal  ie female maybe spline arrangement in the bolt heads.

• Thanks 1

Older cars ,possibly pre 05 had an Allen type bolt fitted. Later cars had simple hex bolts fitted. But one thing I remember when I had my (graunched by a fast fit place) recesses repaired by inserting a helicoil at a local machine shop was that he was seeing a lot of this sort of work.

When you remark "worse for wear", is that meaning bolts are sloppy, or heads are not as good as they should be. If sloppy, then it's possible that some person with ham fingers has interfered with the recieving thread and the hole needs a helicoil

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VWD said:

Older cars ,possibly pre 05 had an Allen type bolt fitted. Later cars had simple hex bolts fitted. But one thing I remember when I had my (graunched by a fast fit place) recesses repaired by inserting a helicoil at a local machine shop was that he was seeing a lot of this sort of work.

When you remark "worse for wear", is that meaning bolts are sloppy, or heads are not as good as they should be. If sloppy, then it's possible that some person with ham fingers has interfered with the recieving thread and the hole needs a helicoil

It was just that the threads were stripped on the hub where the carrier for the calliper bolts into it. I took it into the garage at the weekend after sourcing a helicoil kit and got the hub drilled out and tapped for a helicoil to fit. It’s all sorted and back together now cheers for the help.