How to prove Windscreen is leaking ?

Cracked windscreen replaced by Autoglass beginning September, the latest downpours bringing flooded driver side floor. Removed driver door card to check for panel leaks , can't ' see' anything untoward, put some sealer on it anyway. Auto glass site chat says open MONDAY today being Saturday. I'm Sure they fit 24 hours ! No money in fixing leaking fitted windscreens ?

autoglass24hrs.jpg

Edited by iansmith

Check the condition of the blanking grommet a little way down from where the wiring goes into the a-pillar, in the door hinge area,  They seem to perish and become a very loose fit in the hole. Sealant it to death if you do find it loose. Also check that the rubber boot at top end of wiring bellows is sitting right, tight up against metalwork. 

2020-05-27 10.59.28.jpg

Edited by Wino

Thank you Wino :)

Its raining .. Fabia floor has puddles front and rear.

Maybe bailing out again soon, ready for more flooding.

I will check your points . will cover car with plastic sheet :( .

The other thing to do is to look at each door opening after rain, checking for water on the horizontal bit of each inner seal.  If you find little puddles on any of them, that door is leaking. Here's a picture of the offside rear door of ours with some water showing where I mean.

20150101_121019.jpg

Autoglass Capers have fixed their leaking fitted windscreen (this afternoon), they say.

In the meantime they tried to fix my non working electric window winder without my knowledge,  at their expense, he said?

Helpful, hey ?  :)

Now I have a waterproof new windscreen, he said .

And non working central locking, was previously.

Works with a key, thats nice hey?

and a wedged up non working driver door window awaiting parts and fitting at their expense, he said. Never ending story. What next ?

My car carpet is saturated :(

My MOT expires at the end of the month, previously booked 15th Oct.

Do they pass wedged up windows ?

I am 75, errr ..  :)

Off topic https://brandnewtube.com/@DrVernonColeman

Edited by iansmith

In the olden days we used to puff talcum powder onto surfaces around the suspected leak area, you can see where water tracks across.

Cheaper and might improve the smell in the car

• 3 weeks later...

'They'  'Fixed' my driver window .

Got it home and found that still the driver door only locks with the key, but not on remote on the fob :( .

'They' are coming to my home address Thurs afternoon, now Tues , never ending story ...