Deposit paid...2017 280

Excellent choice with the 280, I’m loving my sportline (had it about 3 weeks now).

what trim level are you getting?

mine doesn’t have canton but I’ve just installed a 12” sub with 500w rms Kenwood amp and Audio Controls LC2i and remote which has made a massive difference to the sound.

Hey Skud, it's a Sportline as well :blush

I used do all the stereo stuff myself, but never on a VAG.

If needs be, which I think it likely will, I'll be getting on to Audio Advice up North, great guys and know Phil for far too many years....

• Like 1

Cracking car I’m also from IRELAND and north Kildare. 
Was the car u bought the 1that was for sale in Wicklow a corrida red Estate  that was not for sale that long. 
I have a sportline estate also corrida red 190 diesel tho. 
Best off luck with it. 

Hey Nota, yep that's the one.

I saw it up for sale last Sunday, test drove on Monday and purchased :blush

Been looking for the right replacement motor for a while now, drove another 280 earlier in the year, but timing wasn't right.

So jumped on this one.

Cheers

That one is a beauty. 
seen it advertised and was haven a lil dream about it. 
I’ll keep the eyes 👀 open around Kildare. 
Have to say the car itself is massive swallow anything u can through at it. 
I find the seats very comfortable I also have the canton sound system which I find excellent especially compared to my last car which was a RAV4. 

Happy motoring ROBERTO. 

So far so happy :inlove:

Things of note after 2 days ownership:

Loving the DSG - the kickdown, the proper manual control, especially with the paddles

Power feels a chunk more than the very similarly powered Legacy, though will still be going Revo Stage 1 :devil:

Was never one for cruise control, but again liked it, though the adaptive part is a bit severe, would prefer it to hit gentler

The lane departure system might need to be turned off, but will give it some time

So surprised my very old iPod Classic connected straight away, have to remove ashtray to hide it, would prefer neater solution, but works for me

Android car worked well, but only either iPod or phone connected through usb, would prefer both

Bluetooth works good, sound quality on a call is excellent

Will need more bass!!! No doubt, sub set to 9, still no where near what I would want

Suspension is definitely softer than the Bilstein's on the Subaru, but with chronic bad back, that might be a good thing

Sitting on nearly new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, first time with these on a car, so far so good 

Seems to have been spec'd oddly... some high end bits, some obvious options missing, biggest is the tail gate is not electrical

Skoda Connect was a bit of a pain, but sorted

Missing an umbrella and first aid kit, might look to get replacements

• Like 1

I’m using my old 6th gen iPod classic too as that’s the only thing apart from the dvd drive that will play a mix album continuously without the annoying gap between tracks :swear:.

tried all combinations of sd cards, internal hard drive and usb sticks but that’s the only thing that works.....

15 hours ago, Roberto280 said:

Was never one for cruise control, but again liked it, though the adaptive part is a bit severe, would prefer it to hit gentler

You can use Individual Mode on the DSG set up to adjust the way the ACC responds.

13 hours ago, freelunch said:

You can use Individual Mode on the DSG set up to adjust the way the ACC responds.

Sweet, definitely need some alone time with the car ;)  and figure out all this motor can do.

My last newest car was an 2004, so loads of modern stuff for me to learn...

8 hours ago, ChrisCh said:

Very nice!

Looks like you've got some good tyres on it already. Enjoy

Thanks Chris,

My first time with these Michelins, usually ran ContiSports on the Subaru, but liking them so far