How to sync Iphone Xr

Heat

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before...did a search & couldn't see any relevant posts.

I have an I phone xr, and i would like to sync phone contacts with the car. But for some reason, when i click on the option in the admunsen (sp?) screen it doesn't do it.  I have tried bluetooth and usb.

I've missed something very obvious i know.  But would anyone be willing to tell me what to do?

thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Heat said:

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before...did a search & couldn't see any relevant posts.

I have an I phone xr, and i would like to sync phone contacts with the car. But for some reason, when i click on the option in the admunsen (sp?) screen it doesn't do it.  I have tried bluetooth and usb.

I've missed something very obvious i know.  But would anyone be willing to tell me what to do?

thanks in advance

Don’t think it does it uses Apple car play or bt tried with mine cannot save. Apple car play I just ask Siri or skoda lura as long as bt is on

Make sure you enable the Sync Contacts option in the Information screen of the BT device (My Skoda XXXX or similar). 

IMG_87A92066AF4D-1.jpeg

Edited by zoharin

Sorry for delaying in replying

Skoda 1982, thanks for the initial reply, i'm beginning to think you may be right. 

zoharin, again thanks for responding to my query, i checked and my BT settings using My Skoda ****  showed sync contacts as being "switched on" ..  it also had CarPlay as being "On" 

Bit lost now what to do.  So its back to the drawing board.

5 hours ago, Heat said:

Skoda 1982, thanks for the initial reply, i'm beginning to think you may be right. 

zoharin, again thanks for responding to my query, i checked and my BT settings using My Skoda ****  showed sync contacts as being "switched on" ..  it also had CarPlay as being "On" 

Turn wifi and bt on then go to menu second screen Apple car play should start

skoda 1982,  Apple car play is connecting.  I can access all the options in my phone. Including as you mentioned above siri. 

on a side note, i assume "lura"  is Skoda's   siri?

I think perhaps because there isn't a hard drive in the kamiq?

working a lot, these days and tired  (NHS) ,  so I'll investigate further soon.

Just a final note...why can't this "S***" be a bit easier     :)

3 hours ago, Heat said:

skoda 1982,  Apple car play is connecting.  I can access all the options in my phone. Including as you mentioned above siri. 

on a side note, i assume "lura"  is Skoda's   siri?

I think perhaps because there isn't a hard drive in the kamiq?

working a lot, these days and tired  (NHS) ,  so I'll investigate further soon.

Just a final note...why can't this "S***" be a bit easier   

There is an hard drive but only for map updates and system updates i think its 64 GB. Yes Lura is Skoda's Siri

Edited by skoda1982

On 12/10/2020 at 18:25, Heat said:

Maybe you should try to delete the connection from the phone and remove the phone from head unit list and start again ? I think that during the connection process the user is asked to enable the sync contacts. 

Thanks again for replying zoharin,  (sorry for delay in response)...  will give that a try this weekend.  Won't have much else to do as Wales goes into another lockdown.

5 hours ago, Heat said:

Thanks again for replying zoharin,  (sorry for delay in response)...  will give that a try this weekend.  Won't have much else to do as Wales goes into another lockdown.

Sorry to hear, in Israel we are gently getting out of our second lockdown,,, good luck with the sync it should work.