Citigo driver's seat height compared with UP!

tintinandcharlie

So, Dad has decided that Mum wants a Citigo, despite the 'minor' issue of her not being able to get high enough on the driver's seat without a cushion (which rather defeats the capability of heated seats). She is petite and struggles to see over the instrument binnacle without the cushion. Prior to this, as an interim she has borrowed my sister's 2012 UP! which seemed to have a higher seat/greater range of height adjustment, and has thus been able to enjoy a warm posterior on cooler mornings whilst being able to see adequately over the cowl.

Does anyone know if it is actually an extended adjustment range on the VW that provides this extra height, or a taller/deeper/thicker cushion on the seat base frame, or different hardware between the seat frame and the floor? If the latter, could it be fitted to the Citigo in lieu of the standard metalwork?

I await bestowment of the combined wisdom of the forum....

Cheers.

T

I'm actually surprised the seat mechanisms offer different adjustment ranges between VW and Skoda! Unless it's a change between model years.

I'm sure the seats are all the same bar the fabric choice and whether they are heated or not....

Are you sure the height adjuster is working properly?

Cushions on car seats are dangerous. In a frontal collision the cushion and the sitter are propelled forwards and down and could slip with the deceleration and the sitter “submarines “ with it beneath the seatbelt. Car seats are designed to minimise this and putting a cushion on them totally defeats this feature. Defeating the purpose of seat heating is nothing in comparison.

Edited by Pilotguy
  • Like 1

I think it may be to do with the model of Citigo your mum has tried. Our Citigo Monte Carlo has a height adjustable driver's seat and cranked up to the top position it is pretty high, higher than the fixed seat of the showroom model we test drove. I'm not sure which other models have height adjustable seating, but it may be a good idea to check.

Or maybe get an UP! instead? ;)