Cam Position Sensor On A Golf 3

jontink

hi i wonder if any body knows there way around a mk3 golf,my brother has a m reg golf cab and he said he felt down on power,so i checked it with vag com and it said cam position sensor no response.i forgot to get the code!oops.does anybody know of a fix orif not where the sensor is situated.thanks.

hi i wonder if any body knows there way around a mk3 golf,my brother has a m reg golf cab and he said he felt down on power,so i checked it with vag com and it said cam position sensor no response.i forgot to get the code!oops.does anybody know of a fix orif not where the sensor is situated.thanks.

This was the DTC?

00515 - Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor (G40)

03-00 - No Signal

When the engine is running, this code disappears.

When the engine is not running, the code appears again.

that was the dtc,what does it mean?or is there no fault? i only scanned it because he thinks it is low on power.but maybe it is just slow.i know it is only 74bhp.

Assuming that it is the 1.6 DOHC engine similar to later versions, the sensor is located next to the engine lifting eye on top of the engine. To get at it, remove the oil filler cap then remove the camshaft housing cover over the engine by undoing the 4 screws which secure it. To remove the sensor, first pull the wiring connector upwards off it, then unscrew the sensor mounting bolt and pull the sensor out of the camshaft housing.

thanks,but its the 1.8 single cam jobby.i think it is in the dizzy,well that is what auto data reckons anyway.

Sorry - I confused kw with hp. I can't find a 74hp engine of any capacity listed in ETKA for the Golf or Audi. Can you post the 3 letter engine code?